Any One Heard of a VA record Buck >

Any One Heard of a VA record Buck

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Any One Heard of a VA record Buck

Old 12-13-2005, 04:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: Any One Heard of a VA record Buck

I would have to see that deer to believe it. Eastern va, I'm suprised you would believe something that a game warden told you. Especially when you have such adislike for them and feel their main function is to write tickets!
Old 12-14-2005, 09:48 AM

Seriously,

Don't you think that if a 44 point, 39 inch wide deer was killed across the water from you, you would have seen a pic of it. Or at least heard more then 2 people talk about it. The dam deer would be on the cover of every website and magazine in the hunting industry. The Surry Warden is the one that started the rumor about it being killed, because so many people were spotlighting and trespassing where it was seen. Again, it was seen ALIVE last week with one side busted off and the other still intact. It is estimated at 26-30 inches wide and untelling how many points.

Old 12-14-2005, 10:03 AM

This is the said buck. It is picture taken with a cell phone camera off of a tv screen. Believ it or not. The date is in the scree 8/5/05

Old 12-15-2005, 06:54 AM
Spike

yeah your right. i should have looked into it more. sorry for being hard headed. your right i do have a dislike for wardens ingeneral. However the one that told me this ishappens to be a friend of mine. I guess he was wrong as well. he doesnt work that area he is out west. I hope someone does kill a record here in the east but i doubt it. the average mature buck around here is 15-18 inches widewouldnt yall agree? i gonna put a pic of a buck i killed right here in williamsburg last year. happy holidays and good luck in the woods.

Old 12-15-2005, 07:04 AM

Eastern,

Nice buck. How wide is he? I would say the average MATURE buck around her is 18+ inches. We have killed 2 23" bucks thsi year and 10+ 18-20" deer about every year (40 member club.) The big ones are killed mainly in mz season but we drop a few during dog season.

I haven't seen the tape of the gigantic deer in the pics but a good friend of mine has and he swears its legit. He said you can see the guys shed in his backyard in the video and the date is in the screen. Rumors do get started very easily but I think this one is true.
Old 12-15-2005, 10:15 AM
Spike

stumpy this deer is 22.5 killed in shotgun last year. killed over behind ball metal towards the n.n line if you are familiar with that area. Are you in surry. if you are what club is it and do you take in new members? With building here in williamsburg i am down to just 25 acres to still hunt since i am not in a club. I have been thinking of joining a club if it were right. i mean you know people who dont just stand around drinking, clubs that allowed members to still hunt areas instead of mandatory stand lines etc. l

Old 12-15-2005, 06:10 PM

Eastern,

I am in a club where you have to live in Surry to be a member. We still hunt all during mz season and on certain days during dog season. Saturdays are dog only. There are several clubs over here though if you are interested. Plenty of clubs in Isle of WIght, Sussex and Southampton to.
Old 12-15-2005, 08:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

Eastern,

Can't believe you would shoot a buck that small! Seriously,all kidding aside, that's a nice buck. I understand what you mean about hunting land. I live in a rural area and free hunting land becomes harder to find each year so I understand what you are going through.
Old 12-29-2005, 06:00 AM
Typical Buck

I saw in va game and fish that there was a guy that shot a 17 pt monster. of course they show a thumbnail size photo on the cover, and just the story inside. lytton I believe was his name, or something similar.