Pettigrew WMA Va >

Pettigrew WMA Va

Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Pettigrew WMA Va

Old 11-30-2005, 11:36 AM
Spike

Default Pettigrew WMA Va

Has anyone hunted Pettigrew WMA in Va.? Is it as crowded as Phillips? The VDGIF 'Find Game' site indicated good deer hunting there.
Old 11-30-2005, 12:01 PM

Default RE: Pettigrew WMA Va

New one to me I've never heard of it.
Old 11-30-2005, 01:28 PM

Don't know about that, but was at the Phelps last week, and it was a full house. Sorry to say that we found some poached does there (can't shoot doe at the Phelps).
Old 11-30-2005, 08:01 PM

Did you report the poached does? There's someone at the land managers house at all times. I remember dove hunting and there was a whole warden patrol. That's dirty, that's the reason there aren't any deer, gosh that makes me mad!
Old 12-01-2005, 06:08 AM
Fork Horn

It,s not crowded at all. The terrain is pretty rough. It has some pretty steep ravines and swamps. there aren't many bucks on the property at all. there are more does than anything, if you can find them. Getting a deer to walk within range is a challange. I have hunted there many times and have only killed one deer.

Good luck if you should give it a try.
Old 12-01-2005, 09:24 AM

No, I didn't report it, and I'm sorry I didn't. I incorrectly assumed that someone else already had, and maybe they did, maybe they didn't. That won't happen again, and I'd like to track down the pukes who did it more than anything. That pisses me off too!!!

Old 12-01-2005, 01:17 PM

Yes i have and it is overhunted. Two hunt clubs run dogs accross it all the time. Not many deer. It is nice land and easy access. go during week, less hunters.

Old 12-13-2009, 11:59 AM
Spike

Default Rabbit Hunting on Pettgrew WMA

Hello All,

I'm new to the area of Stafford Va, and i trying to locate public land (WMA) that I can rabbit hunt with beagles until I get established enough to scout out some private land and gain permission to hunt. Exactly where is Pettgrew WMA?

Thank in advance.
Old 12-13-2009, 05:42 PM
Spike

Hope this link works.

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=skinke...AsQ8gEwAA&z=14
Old 12-17-2009, 12:24 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by GA DAWG
Hello All,

I'm new to the area of Stafford Va, and i trying to locate public land (WMA) that I can rabbit hunt with beagles until I get established enough to scout out some private land and gain permission to hunt. Exactly where is Pettgrew WMA?

Thank in advance.
If your in Stafford, your not far from Phelps WMA.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.