Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Pettigrew WMA Va >

Pettigrew WMA Va

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Pettigrew WMA Va

Old 12-18-2009, 03:31 AM
Fork Horn

Pettigrow is hunted pretty hard, it seems like it is getting more pressure this season than in seasons past. I wonder if this increase in pressure has to do with more people not being able to afford dues to clubs and turning to publice land.

I have not personally been on it in a few years, however I know a guy who is hunting on it and does each year and says this year is sorta crazy some days.

I am guessing weekdays will be your best bet.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:28 PM
Spike

it not to bad so times. got a nice 8 piont buck there on the 19 or 12 cant rember what day it was .plenty of nice botoms to hunt out of . it a tuf place to get a deer out .

Last edited by public hunter09; 12-29-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:21 PM
Spike

I hunted there for while this year and it wasnt to busy for bow, or ML but when gun season opened it was pretty crazy.

One Saturday morning I had 8 hunters walk under my stand. That was my last day there. No bad experiences though, everyone I ran into seemed to be good people who just wanted a place to hunt but it was to busy for me. Now I'm looking for a good club to join.

A friend of mine who has hunted there the last three years says he thinks it's been getting busier every year.
Old 12-30-2009, 06:43 PM
Spike

yea it sem more on the frist week of gun but it kida slow down at the end