Bummer weekend in VA

Old 11-20-2005, 12:04 PM
Spike

Default RE: Bummer weekend in VA

go to court
Old 11-20-2005, 12:10 PM
Dominant Buck

You know what they always say.......your're guilty untill proven innocent!
Old 11-24-2005, 02:37 AM

Va game wardens can and will screw with anyone they want. Really burns me up,they get no respect from me because no matter what you are doing,they treat you as if you are out to break every rule in the book.

I have had them stop me and check my gun,my license,my deer and finding nothing wrong,they then grill me on where I was hunting,when did I get there,did I shoot at any other deer,just crazy stuff...

I know they have a job to do,but anybody who has ever run into a VA game warden knows that they think they are god ol mighty...
Old 11-24-2005, 12:46 PM
Spike

I couldnt agree w/ u more POCO. I have also had too many encounters with the a**holes. I got ticketed a few years back for hunting w/out permission. I had permission complete with a signed slip from the landowner. Never made it to court. Thrown out. This was a single warden that has harassed us for years and still does every chance he gets. I really do hate that man and all wardens for that matter. No matter if I am hunting or fishing they will pull up just to harass you. They have a job to do yes ,but if i went to my job every day and was cocky and hot headed i wouldnt have a job long. Degrees in criminal justice and publicadmin tell me my rights and I always point them out to the pricks when theyscrew with me.
Old 11-25-2005, 03:11 AM

I would rather have the game wardens being a little more strict than lenient in my area. As long as you aren't breaking the rules, they can't fault you for anything. If you witness someone breaking the laws on your property, they would be the first ones that you call. We need strict game wardens to come down hard on the ones who do poach. I agree that you should go to court and tell your story. That is why we have the judge, so he can decide if what you did is right or wrong and whether you should be punished, but the game wardens are doing hunting as a whole a big favor by trying to uphold the laws for us. Hopefully you will shake this experience off and become able to work with the game wardens if you need their help. I am not a game warden, just respect their work.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:18 AM
Spike

Well thats your opinion tristan. I do not agree with it but hey its a free country. Im guessing you have not had problems with them before. Maybe there just a problem down here east of richmond. I dont know how they treat people in other areas of va.
Old 11-25-2005, 10:55 AM

[:@]This is not just a problem in Va.it's nation wide,but it's not all wardens.Some of them are real good guys,some are rejects from the police academy that just couldnt cut it as REAL cops so they just looked for something where they could carry a gun.You can always go file a complaint form with the probate office,then you have a leg to stand on later if you end up in court on a bogus charge.We had a "cop" in our area writing bad ticket's went through all the "proper" chanels and now we dont.
Old 11-25-2005, 11:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

As a VA law enforcement officer(not a game warden), I must respond to some of these latest game warden "bashing" threads. I have known and worked with some darn fine wardens here in VA and know others in TN and NC. These men have an extremely challenging and dangerous job. Many times they are forced to work alone, and in remote areas. Sometimes back up can be up to an hour away, if there is any back up. I'm sure there are some wardens who are jerks, just as there are jerks in all walks of life. But to lump all VA Game Wardens as jerks or whatever is just not right.

original:mikevaughn

This is not just a problem in Va.it's nation wide,but it's not all wardens.Some of them are real good guys,some are rejects from the police academy that just couldnt cut it as REAL cops so they just looked for something where they could carry a gun.You can always go file a complaint form with the probate office,then you have a leg to stand on later if you end up in court on a bogus charge.We had a "cop" in our area writing bad ticket's went through all the "proper" chanels and now we dont.
I can't speak for other states, but VA game wardens are not "rejects." Many are former local, state, military and correctional officers and have been through more than one law enforcement academy.

Sorry for the rant, it is now time for me to go hunting!
Old 11-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Typical Buck

Consider a pocket tape recorder when ''Rosco'' acts up again.
Old 11-27-2005, 09:57 AM

It takes a big pair to go up to people in remote areas who have guns and arent afraid to break the law and dont know a thing about ethics. I've only run accross a GW officer here in Henrico once, he was pretty cool and could have given me a ticket for fishing in a closed park (I didnt know this park closed since it was a boat landing, honest mistake ). He let us go and I have never gone back since. They have a tough job and normally deal with jerks. I have found you need to be very understanding with the police and GW. It doesnt help every time but most.

Quick Reply: Bummer weekend in VA

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.