Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > Regional Forums > South
 Anyone hunting near Mobile, AL??? >

Anyone hunting near Mobile, AL???

South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Anyone hunting near Mobile, AL???

Old 11-11-2005, 09:16 PM

Default Anyone hunting near Mobile, AL???

Hey guys, I'm new to Mobile, just moved here last year with my wife, our 2 year old son and we have a daughter on the way. I don't know hardly anyone in Mobile and I know this is last second, but does anyone know of a hunting lease I can join or anyone have family land they wouldn't mind an ethical hunter hunting on? I'll follow whatever rules ya got. If you say, I can only shoot does, that's fine with me! I'm willing to pay for access as long as it's something I can afford within a close drive to Mobile.
My number is 850-527-7817 and my name is Rob Gibson.

Thanks guys and I hope to hear from someone!
Old 11-13-2005, 01:26 PM

Default RE: Anyone hunting near Mobile, AL???

Is Tuscaloosa to far?
Old 11-13-2005, 05:40 PM
Boone & Crockett

Why did you wait this late to try and find a club to hunt with? Most of the clubs have already filled their numbers, paid the leases, done all the work as far as cutting around stands, moving stands, planting food plots, fixing roads, cutting storm trees out of the roads, etc. Good luck, but the clubs I have been involved with will charge an additional charge for late arrival and no work done.
Old 11-15-2005, 09:34 PM

Timber, trust me I know. I just was lease manager of 2000 acres so I understand completely. I moved to Mobile late, late last year and between sickness in the family and a few deaths in the family,finding a hunting lease this year had to take a back seat. If I could find a lease this year, that would have been great, but I know how hard it is to get in a lease in this area when "you are an outsider". Not knowing anyone and working for a very small company, I figured if I wanted to find a place to hunt for next year, I better begin putting out feelers this year. I may not hunt, but maybe have a chance to start learning the areas so when it came time next year I could have a little bit of a clue as to what my choices were. I've always been one to show up to every work day and pay my dues all at once, as I know from running a lease how many times I had to run people down so I don't want to make anyone ever have to do that with me.

As for Tuscaloosa being mentioned, that'sa bit far for me. I'd like to stay within an hour of Mobile. I'm not like most hunters I've met here. I'm from florida so as long as I see deer I'm happy. They don't have to be big rack bucks. We love venison and does eat just fine!
Old 10-28-2009, 08:43 PM
Spike

its not a sure thing yet but im trying to lease 600 acres in deer park next year and are going to need a few more people i will keep you in mind and as soon as we sign the papers i will give you a shout it is a super nice place with a nice camp house im probably goin to charge between 750 and 800 a year but there will be very few members unlike most clubs that are over crowded but in the mean time if you have a boat you can hunt the management land i could put you on some decent deer there or there are some spots you can get to by car/truck there is a super nice area right outside of coffeville called scotch they have food plots planted all over the place there are some super nice bucks there also