Community
South VA, KY, AR, TN, OK, TX, LA, MS, AL, FL, NC, SC, GA

Acorns in AR

Old 08-31-2005, 07:33 PM
New Sheriff

Default Acorns in AR

I went out today and glassed the oak trees.

What I noticed was that the red oaks are pretty well loaded with nuts. I would say the white oaks had acorns on about 1 out of 9 or 10 trees. This is a good thing...find the hot white oak and the deer will find you.

Anyone else have an acorn update?
Old 09-01-2005, 08:31 AM

Default RE: Acorns in AR

My lease is in South Arkansas around Emerson and I was there last week, didn't see an acorn on a tree. No red oak, white oak, nothing....
Old 09-01-2005, 11:39 AM

My red oak trees in Maumelle don't have any acorns. The oak trees at my home in Benton have no acorns either.
Old 09-02-2005, 02:36 AM
Fork Horn

oaks at the apartment in NLR are filled with acorns, both red and white. don't know about the ones at the hunting camp--still working on hurricane restoration shift--12 hrs a night till futher notice. got a night off on wed. just to go home and gather up more meds. now set for 2 more weeks. acorns may be spotted around like in years before. some years i have plenty around the stands, and not any on other side of the lease. hopefully, at least one stand will have plenty.
Old 09-06-2005, 08:43 AM

on a unrelated topic, I went out scouting yesterday (Palaski/Saline Co. line) & I didn't see much until I went to a rubline from last year and sure enough I found a rub on a small sapling. I know the deer using it last year was a solid six point with a nice spread.Even though it was in a location I would expect to see a rub later in the year, I was surprised to see them rubbing so early in the year. At least I know he survived last year
Old 09-13-2005, 11:05 AM

The white oaks around here, have more than i have seen in a long time.
here at the house the are all ready sheding some of them deer are all ready eating them like crazy.. i went out yesterday from the house and seen six deer, about 100yrds from the house, does and little ones. Hey Mr. 4 point if you want to shoot a doe with your bow u need to come by the house this year. i think my buck to doe , # 's are getting out of control.... i still have not seen a buck this year around the house... its like they know not to come by here...

Old 09-13-2005, 07:30 PM
New Sheriff

ORIGINAL: P-tone 2

The white oaks around here, have more than i have seen in a long time.
here at the house the are all ready sheding some of them deer are all ready eating them like crazy.. i went out yesterday from the house and seen six deer, about 100yrds from the house, does and little ones. Hey Mr. 4 point if you want to shoot a doe with your bow u need to come by the house this year. i think my buck to doe , # 's are getting out of control.... i still have not seen a buck this year around the house... its like they know not to come by here...

Uh, from what you've told me, they probably feel safe

Let's get out to Hobbs soon and find Mr Big. I am taking Dalton squirrel hunting Sunday morning if you want to go.
Old 09-19-2005, 03:40 PM

I went to the lease this past weekend again in Emmerson. We saw close to 100 deer and 1 turkey....The deer were everywhere. They are hitting the feeders hard (275 pounds of corn at one free feeder in 3 weeks) I saw very few acorns......not much around.
Old 09-24-2005, 02:23 PM

Stone Cold i use to live in Emerson Ar great deer hunting over towards Atlantacome visit i'll show you some meat.
Old 09-27-2005, 10:51 AM

I live in Mcneil Arkansas and hunt in Stephens. We had a lot of acorns fall after the storm last weekend. I also have found a lot of deer feeding on them the past few days.

www.arkoutdoors.com

Quick Reply: Acorns in AR

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.