Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

new coyote hunter

Old 05-16-2005, 02:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default RE: new coyote hunter

I won't be suprized if I start reading stories in the paper where coyotes begin attacking people in broad daylight.
here in the suburbs of Prescott, Arizona coyotes are a real problem they haven't attacked any people yet but they are making meals out of fido and fluffy the neighborhood cats and small dogs.

A neighbor of mine lost her cat named Sushi, all that remained of the poor thing was a leg she found in her yard and when I did some work for her I found its collar in some sage brush behind her house. This lady is quite the bleeding heart liberal on most subjects, she doesnt really like the fact I'm a hunter. But after losing her cat, She totally supports my coyote hunting. Every time I run into her now, she asks me " have you been out seeking Sushi's revenge lately?" LOL

Heres a link to various articles of coyote attacks in the past 10 years. http://www.varmintal.com/attac.htm
Old 05-16-2005, 08:33 AM

Thanks, Wolf, for the info again. As far as I'm concerned, coyotes are just less advanced wolves. One of these days, they'll figure out what the wolf has and then the sh!t will hit the fan.
Old 05-17-2005, 12:00 PM

Skins.....let me ask you something...if your not going to do anything with them, then why kill them? Do you think it is o.k. to KILL a living creature for no other purpose than for you to pass some time? This mentality makes me sick, and is the exact mentality that has brought all hunting and hunters under the microscope. If you just want to kill to kill, contact a good therapist in your area and talk about it. And Spike, why don't you go with him....what does your comment about getting the wrong idea mean? I am a hunter and I would be and am offended that this topic would even be discussed. You are both sick. Coyotes are beautiful and complex animals that anybody that has spent any time observing or hunting, have a deep respect for. I am no tree hugger. In fact I have killed hundreds of them. However, the ones that I have killed have been used. People use the skins, the bones, the skulls, the teeth. It's your responsibility to find an outlet for the ones you kill before you kill them. Anybody that kills anything just for the sake of killing is a piece of garbage
Wow, calm down, what crawled up your a$$ and died?
Old 05-17-2005, 02:52 PM
Typical Buck

Skins.....let me ask you something...if your not going to do anything with them, then why kill them? Do you think it is o.k. to KILL a living creature for no other purpose than for you to pass some time? This
--------
Have to agree with Moosegal,
I'm all for hunting,
whether its for food, Hides, population control, etc...
I am not for killing for the sake of killing,
the original post did not state why he was after the yotes,
just because you can kill an animal, doesnt mean you should,
Old 05-17-2005, 07:34 PM

I personally do not kill something unless I am going to eat it , am defending domestic livestock or removing invasive exotics.
For that reason I do not hunt deer, I will not eat buck and consider a doe more trouble than it is worth, feral swine, squirels and rabbits are on my hit list as I like to eat them.
I would not shoot coyotes or bobcats just because they snack on fitzy the persian , fifi the toy poodle or pepe the chihuihua.
I would consider that a public service of the varmits, not a bad deed.
Don, 58 years shooting to eat!
Old 05-18-2005, 09:14 PM

ORIGINAL: bigbadmoosegal

Coyotes are beautiful and complex animals that anybody that has spent any time observing or hunting, have a deep respect for.
I agree, but I would kill them everytime I have the chance.
because

There are many places where coyotes do ungodly amounts of damage to local wildlife because nobody hunts them
I live in one of these areas.
Old 06-07-2005, 10:01 AM

Have to agree with Moosegal,
I'm all for hunting,
whether its for food, Hides, population control, etc...
I am not for killing for the sake of killing,
the original post did not state why he was after the yotes,
just because you can kill an animal, doesnt mean you should,
so your saying its not good to kill an animal unless you get 15 dollars for its skin....so then all of a sudden when that 15 dollars comes into play it automatically makes it okay to kill them....

they kill deer, they kill chickens and dogs. and there is an overabundance of them.
i don't see a problem with killin em
Old 06-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Nontypical Buck

skins, shoot em and leave em where they lay. even if they dont do any direct damage to u, they are still effecting someone else. help someone's elses cause!
Old 06-13-2005, 07:34 AM

I personally get great sport out of killing lots of animals I won't eat or sell the hides from, groundhogs, coyotes, ground squirels, english sparrows, starlings, and other "pests" and "vermin". To bad it's illegal to shoot liberals and tree huggers!
Old 06-22-2005, 09:50 PM

Well I am looking to take on a few coyotes in my area to. Last year we lost over a dozen barn cats to them. After this past winter we have none left. We are now worried about when we get the barn done and the horses are back in the property. Right now my lab and them are at a stand off. He will stare them down and they will do the same, but if he is not in the back yard they will try to get closer to the house to get the springers to them.

But what I am trying to figure out is how to get them out more. They mostly stay in the wetlands we have and not our woods. The problem with the wetlands is right now is the grass is about 5-6' tall. So I want to get them to come out more by the pond so I can get a clean shot. The problem is that they are not scared of people. Before I bought a shotgun this winter last year a few times I was able to get with in about 10-20' feet of them before they started to walk off.

Right now they are taking down the deer. A few month ago Mongo go loose when he broke his line durring the day and we think it was because he went after them. When we found him he had a hole rear leg of a deer in the front yard that he was chewing on. That night we heard them going off after a kill so we figure that is what they bright down because the leg was fresh.

Right now I only have 3 causing a large problem so I do not want to buy a lot of stuff for just trying to take care of 3 of them. We know there is more but it is just these 3 that try to pull off a lot of stuff in our yard.

Quick Reply: new coyote hunter

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.