HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   wisconsin cat season (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/97291-wisconsin-cat-season.html)

HighDesertWolf 04-14-2005 02:55 AM

wisconsin cat season

I guess wisconsin openned a season for cats. my guess is its for feral cats. but the tree huggers have their panties in bunch over it. any thoughts on the subject?

MarineStud 04-14-2005 04:58 AM

RE: wisconsin cat season

well actually they haven't opened a hunt on cats yet that was just the primary vote and now it has to go up, higher to get put into law. But it does sound interesting and i'm all for it but even if it doesn't end up going into law i know it's still not going to stop some people from shooting cats on the spot, feral cats in my opinion are just like dogs running loose, follow the three S's: Shoot, Shovel, Shutup.

jrbsr 04-14-2005 06:07 AM

If something isn't done about the cats that have gotton out of hand.

You will see a BIG Decrease in song birds

Rabbits and squirrels.

Then theres the Rabies problem.

I seen a program on cats that go around at night they kill

Every thing they can get a hold of but don't always eat what they kill.

Song birds and rabbits and squirrels are a big target for them.

So theres no difference between them and coyotes or rats.

The problem started with people dumpimg them out and they just started spreading.

Its like that here in NC.

You see one or two then after a couple years theres like 8 to 12 in the yard.

Then theres more and more and more.

The only thing to do is to reduce them.

After all its better than letting them starve to death.

To starve to death to me is more crule.

And no animal deserves that.

JMHO

rile1564 04-14-2005 08:14 AM

I read that the governer of Wisconsin is against opening a season and will do everything to stop it. A quote in the article said that he considered the bill dead.

JD10-14 04-15-2005 09:14 AM

to rile1564

I read that the governer of Wisconsin is against opening a season and will do everything to stop it. A quote in the article said that he considered the bill dead.
Then vote him out the next election. Start working on it now. If he doesn't have any common sense, what good can he do for the people on bigger issues.
My opinion.

rile1564 04-15-2005 12:39 PM

I hear ya JD10-14, but I'm from PA. I just read the new about the governor of Wisconsin. It's up to the people in that state to get to the polls at the next election and show them who they want to represent them.

Rebel Hog 04-15-2005 01:05 PM

Trap them the Asians will buy them!

live2hunt743 04-15-2005 04:16 PM

I also heard that Doyle isn't going to go with it. But i cant do anything about it, 14 year olds cant vote:D

But what i dont get is why all the animal lovers want the cats running around. they'd rather have wild cats (which i might add are nothing like the little fury things people own) live than have numerous other species die. I tell ya, these activists have to get their facts straightened out.

t-roy 04-16-2005 06:27 AM

wisconsin isn't opening a season on cats. this wording by the media is getting them their bad press, and PETA freaks riled up. what they are trying to do, is have feral cats added to the unprotected speicies list. like sparrows and skunks. meaning, if you see a feral cat, you can shoot it.

law or no law, i highly recommend popping any (rural) cat not in someone's yard

Chuck7 05-01-2005 11:27 AM

Tough call for me,
My wife loves them.However;; as a child I remember them carrying full grown rabbits to our home.in Maryland. We also raised ring-necks , chukars and quail. When a cat would jump on the cage it would mess our birds up.We had to get rid of the cats and we did. I do understand you folks who live in the country. Cat owners need to keep their animals locked up.
Chuck

PS I now live in Florida. If I would harm a cat now I would be subject to arrest for animal cruelity