Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

demestic cats in my snars

Old 03-22-2005, 06:58 PM

Default RE: demestic cats in my snars

if you get rid of them the first time you won't catch them again
Old 03-22-2005, 09:42 PM

101,, yeah, if there are any domestic dogs or catswhere your going to snare, well, i dont know what to say... Ask the person if its ok to snare there still cus if there is a free running dog near by, and u set bait, u will catch him. Not good as u could loose priveledges and permission everywhere, trust me, i learned the hard way about 5 years ago....Nothin too bad happened, just upset the farmer, ALOT! Depends, how high are u setting the snares off the ground, cus if yur goin for yotes, they should be 12-14 inches off the ground, which should almost be too high for domestic cats, i think, but ive never got a cat, so i dont know, only dogs, or just get the owner to keep the animals inside or locked up, good luck!

later bud, Sako7mm
Old 03-22-2005, 09:44 PM

101, yeah, if there are any domestic dogs where your going to snare, well, i dont know what to say... Ask the person if its ok to snare there still cus if there is a free running dog near by, and u set bait, u will catch him. Not good as u could loose priveledges and permission everywhere, trust me, i learned the hard way about 5 years ago....Nothin too bad happened, just upset the farmer, ALOT! depends how high u are setting ur snares off the ground, cus if ur goin for yotes, they should be 12 to 14 inches off the ground, which should almost be too high for domestic cats, but i dunno as ive never got a cat,just a dog or two[8D].....[:-],

later bud, Sako7mm
Old 03-22-2005, 09:46 PM

101, yeah, if there are any domestic dogs where your going to snare, well, i dont know what to say... Ask the person if its ok to snare there still cus if there is a free running dog near by, and u set bait, u will catch him. Not good as u could loose priveledges and permission everywhere, trust me, i learned the hard way about 5 years ago....Nothin too bad happened, just upset the farmer, ALOT! depends how high u are setting ur snares off the ground, cus if ur goin for yotes, they should be 12 to 14 inches off the ground, which should almost be too high for domestic cats, but i dunno as ive never got a cat,just a dog or two[8D].....[:-],

later bud, Sako7mm
Old 03-23-2005, 02:58 PM

101, yeah, if there are any domestic dogs or cats where your going to snare, well, i dont know what to say... Ask the person if its ok to snare there still cus if there is a free running dog near by, and u set bait, u will catch him. Not good as u could loose priveledges and permission everywhere, trust me, i learned the hard way about 5 years ago....Nothin too bad happened, just upset the farmer, ALOT! Just be careful,plus, if ur setting for yotes, the snares should be around 12-14 inches off the ground, which should be almost too high for domestic cats, but i dont know, as ive never got any cats, just a dog or two[:-] Good luck!!!!!

Sako7mm
Old 03-23-2005, 03:14 PM

there shouldnt be any dogs there in the first place privet property my grnadparents [:@]
Old 03-23-2005, 03:16 PM

there shouldnt be any dogs or cats privet land my grandparents
Old 03-24-2005, 06:18 PM

for yotes set a 12inch loop 12 inches above the ground, cats will all go under. Use a sweet smelling bait for the coons, wont attract the cats. coons need about a 6 inch loop set 6 inches above ground
Old 03-25-2005, 05:34 PM

There is no way you should be catching cats in your coyote sets. You are setting them way to low. Set your snares 14" to center. Also, be carefull as it is illegal as hell to snare in Mass and the man would LOVE to grab ya for it.
Old 03-25-2005, 05:35 PM

Why are you wanting to stop getting domestic cats? Freakin worthless furballs are feral as soon as they step out of the yard.

Quick Reply: demestic cats in my snars

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.