Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Crow hunting?

Old 01-13-2005, 08:04 AM

Default Crow hunting?

This may be the wrong place to post this... but does anyone out there do any crow hunting? A few buddies and myself like to bust some crows in between deer and turkey season.
Old 01-13-2005, 09:12 AM

Default RE: Crow hunting?

I love it, Just put out a few decoys and get a tape player with a big speaker and just sit there. Pretty soon you will have crows everywhere
Old 01-13-2005, 09:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Its a good time but boy are they smart.
Old 01-13-2005, 10:21 AM

crow huntin is fun but i dont do much of it with deer season takin my time now that deer season is over i plan to do alot more of it.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:38 PM

I shoot magpies, not many crows around me but they are equally as smart as crows. Tough game, but fun as hell to hunt.
Old 01-13-2005, 05:06 PM
Nontypical Buck

I love crow hunting and man I have to agree, they can be smart.. It is very good practice though!! As long as you can get near a roosting area like some nive pines you are in good position!! - Buckhunter
Old 01-14-2005, 04:59 AM
Nontypical Buck

her in NY we have a "crow situation" , as the local news reported it..... THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS are roosing in the city of albany each night, driving people crazy.

it just so happens that thier " flight pattern" is right over my bowhunting spot. it sure is a sight to see, every morning and every night SWARMS of crows flying 10 ft over my tree stand! some days they are silent, some times NOISY AS HECK... but i'm not exagerating when i say there must be more than 10,000 of them, it takes 10-15 minutes for them to fly over in a fairly steady stream.

they head south out of albany to feed along the hudson, then back north at night to roost in the city parks, buildings, etc.

i've been meaning to get out and burn up some old shells, but it seems to rain or sleet all the times i can get out.

good luck!
-moose
Old 01-14-2005, 06:23 AM

Wow... I've never had the problem of not needing to aim when I shoot my shotgun at a crow, due to the high numbers of them. Must suck to be you.
Old 01-14-2005, 07:31 AM

Moose

Sounds like we all need to head to NY and get rid of the crow situation you guys have going on. Man, you talking about melting the barrel off a shotgun!!!!
Old 01-14-2005, 07:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

About 6 crow decoys, a owl decoy and 2 guys on calls. That is what ya need for good crow huntin!

Quick Reply: Crow hunting?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.