HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Eat yotes???? (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/86235-eat-yotes.html)

Dairy King 01-12-2005 07:31 PM

Eat yotes????

As I said in an earlier post, Im goin yote huntin this Saturday with a group a friends, and today one of them said that they are gonna skin one and cook him. Have you ever ate a yote? What should I expect it to taste like? Is there any part of him thats "the best", I doubt theres anything on a yote that would be good, but what would be the best on a yote?

turkeyhunter_15 01-12-2005 07:59 PM

RE: Eat yotes????

i never knew people ate them
wow im 16....and DONT know everything

headhunter300win 01-12-2005 10:40 PM

did ur friends nose happen to grow a couple of inches? I think he might be giving u the

Ks_Sniper 01-13-2005 12:20 AM

A few years back, I came across a book that listed pretty much every huntable animal in North America. It listed the habitats, habits, a bunch of other stuff, and how they fared on the table. Been searching for it for a couple years now. Wish I could remember the name.[:@]

ELKINMTCWB 01-13-2005 02:31 AM

I have eaten a lot of game ,bobcat ,beaver, coon, opsiom and muskrat.I have never eaten yote I would in a have to case for sure.I will not go hunt them to eat though.I have allso eaten many typs of birds that people would never think :}

Some times when money is tight food is food. Trapping can give big numbers of game if you just tosed all it would be a big wast.

I now live a little diffrant life :} no more trapped critterto eat.

BTW bobcat was the best out of the list.

Bigfoot223 01-13-2005 12:03 PM

i have never heard of eating a yote but i guess there is a first time for every thing. good luck gittin one and have fun eatin it...

Rockfish1 01-13-2005 12:09 PM

:D you could eat it, but you'd want to bend over and lick your butt to take the taste outta your mouth afterwards...

etothepii 01-13-2005 12:41 PM

Some Southeast Asian cultures eat dogs -- I'd think the taste is similar. Most people don't eat yotes because of the similarity to our pets. Others think that eating a scavenger is gross. If it's cooked in a real good recipe, I'd try it. If I liked it, I'd eat more. But on my own, I'll skin them and toss the carcasses.

BTBowhunter 01-13-2005 12:52 PM

Did you ever smell one?!?!?!? I have and I dont think I could eat one based on the smel alone. On the other hand, black bear is terrific and lots of people wont touch it.

Guess it might be OK..... YOU FIRST;)

Techy 01-13-2005 12:55 PM

I once talked to an old feller who had eaten just about everything. I can't remember what he said about Yote's, but he said the worst thing he had ever eaten was Opossum. He said it tasted like trash.