Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Eat yotes????

Old 01-16-2005, 07:25 AM

Default RE: Eat yotes????

They really fed you their dog? I admit sometimes I'm not straightforward (okay I'm deceptive) in feeding venison instead of beef, but wow, that's just a little over the edge.

Like the send-it-overseas argument for the 'possum; I'd have to decline 'possum pie. But I'll to tell you that BBQ raccoon is delicious! I'm serious, it really is tasty. And I'm up for eating kitty-cats if you're talking about mtn lion. But fox or coyote I just don't know about.
Why is it that I seem to be having this discussion on a regular basis? LOL "Kill it and grill it' seems to take on a very strange, peculiar, and almost scary meaning!
Old 01-16-2005, 08:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

ORIGINAL: SWOSUMike

I heard that possum can be good if you trap them and feed them nothing but cornmeal and water for about 2 weeks, and get them away from their scavenger diet.
dude, whoever thought that one up has too much free time. youre gonna catch a nasty ol possum, build him a cage, feed and water it like its a hamster, change his litter, then eat it two weeks later?

with all the time and energy invested in that, you'd be better off raking leaves or shoveling snow for 2 weeks then taking the cash and buying a side of beef!

i'm only teasin. struck me as funny when i read it.

i'm gonna go walk my possum now.

-moose
Old 01-18-2005, 02:54 PM

ORIGINAL: moose1915

ORIGINAL: SWOSUMike

I heard that possum can be good if you trap them and feed them nothing but cornmeal and water for about 2 weeks, and get them away from their scavenger diet.
dude, whoever thought that one up has too much free time. youre gonna catch a nasty ol possum, build him a cage, feed and water it like its a hamster, change his litter, then eat it two weeks later?

with all the time and energy invested in that, you'd be better off raking leaves or shoveling snow for 2 weeks then taking the cash and buying a side of beef!

i'm only teasin. struck me as funny when i read it.

i'm gonna go walk my possum now.

-moose

I am only saying what I read somewhere else....I'm sure as heck not going to do it, but they were talking about it so I put in a word for 'em.
Old 01-18-2005, 03:44 PM

it should be illegal to feed some one dog with out telling them! i think i would have got mad about that.[:'(]
Old 01-21-2005, 09:42 AM

I'm not sure if I could work myself up to trying it. My dad was in Vietnam and used to tell the story about the night he and his CO were invited to dinner at a village head-man's house. After they began the meal they realized that the main course was dog. Since food of any type was at a premium for the villagers it would have been incredibly offensive to refuse to eat, so they just gritted their teeth and dug in. He said that, once he got past the thought of chowing down on his old bird dog back home, it wasn't bad at all.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:19 PM
Spike

A friend and I went to Arizona a few years ago to get away from the ND cold. We called in a few coyotes. The carcass was hanging from the tree. I said that looks like pretty good meat. I cut a big chunk off the back thigh and fried it over the camp fire. It tasted like they smell. TERRIBLE.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:15 PM
Fork Horn

i have eatin some a lot of wird stuff and not much tasted 1/2 bad but yotes tast bad [:'(]
Old 01-22-2005, 03:28 AM

I heard Opossum Stew is good! Along with Pigeon Breast and Coon tails. This sound slike a redneck Rube Thanksgiving. "Jed, QUIT HOGING ALL THE SKUNK GRAVEY YOU PUTZ"

"if it flies it dies, if its brown its down"
Old 01-22-2005, 05:54 AM

I too have eaten dog mistakenly. I was on a tour bus in Manila, in the phillipines and a street vender was selling sandwichs. I purchased one and ate roughly half of it and tried to ask a local what I was eating,btw didnt taste too bad but different. He didnt speak english well at all and finally got his point across by simply barking like a dog. He finished the sandwich for me after that.

TRAP
Old 01-22-2005, 08:42 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have eaten a lot of animals but a yote I wouldnt even think of trying, i"ve heard that buzzards wont even eat them.
Let me tell you this, my mom was born in the '20s and was raised on a farm, they were poor but not starving poor. Anyway, when she was here (bless her soul) she could cook up anything i threw on the cutting board, and I did just that, opossums was one. As a kid I would kill these things in the woods near my house along with rabbits and squirrels, I would bring them home and she would skin, clean , and cook everything I brought her, and the opossum was good eating. Armadillo is also excellent. But I havent had a opossum since way back when she would cook them, that was in the 70's and 80's. I killed one a while back but couldnt even bring myself to clean it. LOL but I do remember it was good eating.

Quick Reply: Eat yotes????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.