Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Eat yotes????

Old 01-13-2005, 12:59 PM

Default RE: Eat yotes????

I've had dog, completely by accident, and I must say that it doesn't taste bad.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:15 PM

Ks_Sniper , how did you eat a dog by accident? just wondering

if i was realy hungry i would do what i had to do to servive but i dont think i would eat a coyote if i have good food in the fridge. let use know how it tast good luck on your hunt.
Old 01-13-2005, 01:25 PM

other country eat dogs so i might not be that bad
u go first and when i am about dead from starvation i may try it
Then again i eat at chinease restrants sometimes and well
that redmeat chicken isnt so bad only place i see chinken meat that is
red .[:-] [>:]
Old 01-13-2005, 02:15 PM
Typical Buck

OPOSSUM is very soft meat. kinda like spam. allso has a slime coat just like spam allso.mmmmmmmSpam opossum. they are very much alike. Should we check for opossum bones in the dumster at the spam plant?

Just giving crap.

It did have a very bad tast. But it is eazy to trap and kill.

I GOT IT, maby we should send them over seas to feed the needy! woohoo opossum has its place now.

BOWhunt05 That is great did you look for cat bones in the dumpster?
Old 01-13-2005, 05:57 PM

When I was living in Nevada, a local family invited my roomie and I over for dinner. When we got there, they had made something that looked like pork chop, though while eating it, it tasted more like chicken. I didn't want to be rude, so I kept my mouth shut. The next day, we were informed that they had butchered and cooked up one of their many dogs.[:'(] Hence, it was by accident.[:-]
Old 01-14-2005, 07:17 PM

KS_sniper

Not sure what book you are referring to but I have one that comes close to what you described. "complete Fish and Game cookbook" by A.D. Livingston. It has all recipes for all kinds of animals such as skunk, bobcat, cougar, coon, possum plus all the "normal" table fare. No mention of yotes or foxes. The one my boy shot today stunk. I'd have to be pretty hungry to eat a canine.

shot high
Old 01-15-2005, 10:13 PM

There must be a big difference between the taste of a coyote and a domestic dog, simply due to their different diets. A coyote eats whatever it can, including rotten meat. Even though domestic dogs will eat rotten meat if given the chance, most get their fill on Iams and Kibble 'n' Bits.
If I had my choice between the two and if I was starving to death, I'd have to pass on the coyote!
Old 01-15-2005, 10:47 PM

I heard that possum can be good if you trap them and feed them nothing but cornmeal and water for about 2 weeks, and get them away from their scavenger diet. I'll try to go back and find where I learned that. But I can see where it could work if it is legal to do that in your area.

Ks_Sniper - I have a book from 1972 that is an Outdoor Life book called the "Complete Outdoor Encyclopedia." It talks about the range, food, and edibility of a lot of different game animals, plus a lot of other info.
Old 01-15-2005, 11:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

I've had dog, completely by accident, and I must say that it doesn't taste bad

I don't know if you were serious or not but i had to laugh about that one!
Old 01-16-2005, 02:21 AM
Nontypical Buck

man thats like eating a dog mans best friend blah!!! the thought makes me sick, bet you could sell them to some asians or a chinese food resturant they like to eat dogs.

Quick Reply: Eat yotes????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.