Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Eat yotes????

Old 01-12-2005, 07:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Eat yotes????

As I said in an earlier post, Im goin yote huntin this Saturday with a group a friends, and today one of them said that they are gonna skin one and cook him. Have you ever ate a yote? What should I expect it to taste like? Is there any part of him thats "the best", I doubt theres anything on a yote that would be good, but what would be the best on a yote?
Old 01-12-2005, 07:59 PM

Default RE: Eat yotes????

i never knew people ate them
wow im 16....and DONT know everything
Old 01-12-2005, 10:40 PM

did ur friends nose happen to grow a couple of inches? I think he might be giving u the
Old 01-13-2005, 12:20 AM

A few years back, I came across a book that listed pretty much every huntable animal in North America. It listed the habitats, habits, a bunch of other stuff, and how they fared on the table. Been searching for it for a couple years now. Wish I could remember the name.[:@]
Old 01-13-2005, 02:31 AM
Typical Buck

I have eaten a lot of game ,bobcat ,beaver, coon, opsiom and muskrat.I have never eaten yote I would in a have to case for sure.I will not go hunt them to eat though.I have allso eaten many typs of birds that people would never think :}

Some times when money is tight food is food. Trapping can give big numbers of game if you just tosed all it would be a big wast.

I now live a little diffrant life :} no more trapped critterto eat.

BTW bobcat was the best out of the list.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:03 PM

i have never heard of eating a yote but i guess there is a first time for every thing. good luck gittin one and have fun eatin it...
Old 01-13-2005, 12:09 PM

you could eat it, but you'd want to bend over and lick your butt to take the taste outta your mouth afterwards...
Old 01-13-2005, 12:41 PM
Giant Nontypical

Some Southeast Asian cultures eat dogs -- I'd think the taste is similar. Most people don't eat yotes because of the similarity to our pets. Others think that eating a scavenger is gross. If it's cooked in a real good recipe, I'd try it. If I liked it, I'd eat more. But on my own, I'll skin them and toss the carcasses.
Old 01-13-2005, 12:52 PM
Giant Nontypical

Did you ever smell one?!?!?!? I have and I dont think I could eat one based on the smel alone. On the other hand, black bear is terrific and lots of people wont touch it.

Guess it might be OK..... YOU FIRST
Old 01-13-2005, 12:55 PM

I once talked to an old feller who had eaten just about everything. I can't remember what he said about Yote's, but he said the worst thing he had ever eaten was Opossum. He said it tasted like trash.

Quick Reply: Eat yotes????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.