Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

i need help

Old 12-18-2004, 08:33 PM

Default i need help

i need help i never been coyote hunting and i need some help on what to use for a weapon i got a 20 gauge a 22 a mini 14 and a 280 and i need to know time of day and electronic calls or regular and i live in the country with two fields around my house with small patches of woods in them and i have fields around woods and thick woods so please help me and i thank you for all the help!!
Old 12-20-2004, 10:47 AM

Default RE: i need help

hi the land sounds good i would set on the edge of the woods over looking the feild. the 223 would be the best for saving the pelt but the 280 would have more range. ether one would work just fine if you can hit you target. i would use wich ever i could shoot the best with. as for calls it is up to you i wish i had a electric call but you can get by with what ever as long as you practice with it. good luck!
Old 12-20-2004, 04:06 PM

thank you for the help but should i go at night day evening or what
Old 12-20-2004, 11:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

Do a search on it, Im sure there is alot of other threads about this.
Old 12-21-2004, 02:11 PM

it depends on what is legall where you live in oklahoma where i live you can not use any kind of lighting ( flashlight ,night scopes,spotlight) that sort of thing so it would be very hard to hunt at night so i have to hunt in the day i have the most luck early morning or late evening! hope this helps good luck, and have fun
Old 12-21-2004, 03:59 PM

where i live in wisconsin you can hunt with a light or dead stuff so maybe go evening. thank you for the help