Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 Cold weather.. Good for jumping rabbits? >

Cold weather.. Good for jumping rabbits?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Cold weather.. Good for jumping rabbits?

Old 12-16-2004, 10:02 AM
Fork Horn

Default Cold weather.. Good for jumping rabbits?

I hunt here in wisconsin and plan on rabbit hunting this weekend.. its suppost to be in the teens.. do you think the rabbits will still be sitting in the brush piles..or most likely in there holes ?
Old 12-17-2004, 10:26 AM

Default RE: Cold weather.. Good for jumping rabbits?

they will most likely be up tight in brush it will help if you use a dog. good luck
Old 12-17-2004, 01:02 PM

This is my observation rabbits really dont use holes all that much unless they are pressured into one and usually i dont even think that the holes they run into are theirs i think they are ground hogs or whatever. Yes they will be in brush piles and they will be sitting very tight you will have to step on them for them to run. If you dont have a dog jus make sure you get right in the thick of things and they will run out hopefully you have a partner to shoot at them and you can alternate who goes in the brush
Old 12-17-2004, 02:48 PM
CJW

A good trick me and my buddies found is, if you think a rabbit is in a pile of brush or logs and just doesn't want to come out, stand around and shoot the s@*t for a while and they will get stressed and try to make a run for it. You have to be paying attention but it will work most of the time.

FWIW

CJW