Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 what do you do with huntin dog rapists? >

what do you do with huntin dog rapists?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

what do you do with huntin dog rapists?

Old 10-26-2004, 08:06 PM

Default what do you do with huntin dog rapists?

cuz there have been male dogs swarming all over my property (strays mind you) im thinking about poping um right in the tail with sum birdshot[:@]
Old 10-26-2004, 09:51 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default RE: what do you do with huntin dog rapists?

People are bad about coming down our county road and dumping out strays. For some reason, they think it is more humane to turn a dog loose in the wild than to take it to the pound. Most strays don't last long with predators around. I usually take most to the pound. The ones that are aggressive or that I can't catch are usually terminated on the spot.
Old 10-27-2004, 04:16 AM
Nontypical Buck

Around here they get popped along with the yotes
Old 10-27-2004, 04:27 AM
Fork Horn

We some times have trouble with Dingo's coming out of the hills and mating with our own dog's, then on the way home they seem to always kill a few sheep. so we put our dog's in run's at night now, but they still come around, we do have permit's to shoot them.
Old 10-27-2004, 10:38 AM

ORIGINAL: HighDesertWolf

Around here they get popped along with the yotes
Id do the same
Old 10-27-2004, 05:38 PM

A well placed BB does the trick around here. There was one big ole husky lookin' mutt that would take a hit and come back in five minutes....I KNOW the BBs were bedding into the skin and so on time #4 I upgraded. I'll only say the slug barrel was still on my 870. I didn't like it, and I also called everyone around my area to see if they'd gotten a new mutt, BEFORE I performed the said upgrade.
Old 10-29-2004, 01:53 PM
Giant Nontypical

On the other side of my town, there are tons of stray dogs. I used to live out there for several months and it wasn't uncommon to see literaly almost 30 different strays running around. The majority of them were pitbulls which isn't odd on that side. They usually are pretty shy and will try to avoid people but there has been some not so recent attacks in groups. The animal control out here aren't the best and they seem to take their time trying to catch strays but i guess because there is so many, they aren't trying as hard anymore.
Old 10-31-2004, 01:26 AM

Any stray animal is fair game in my opinion. Not to many stray dogs around my area, lots of cats though, which are very hard to find and kill. Oh and i have a couple of skunks but i don't want to shoot them because of the stink that will emminate from them after death.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:36 PM

the way it goes around my house, if i see a dog that has no collar and/or runs wildlife, the old 243 does the perfect job.
Old 11-01-2004, 05:38 PM

six gun, if you have trubble with cats start to live trap them. or what will do even better ( but be very careful) set conibear traps in bucket sets.