Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Has Anyone ever Had A Opossum.....

Old 10-09-2004, 02:35 PM

Default Has Anyone ever Had A Opossum.....

Decide to make his home in the engine compartment of your car. Well I did. And I repeat did. And it's not like the car just sits there. I use it every day for work and shopping. Well, went shopping today, and again I can smell something burning. And this is the second time he's done this. Well when I get home, I pop open the hood, and surprise surprise, there he was. They're more leave in the engine compartment of my car than on the trees. So I grabbed him by the neck, and put him into two plastic milk crates I tied together. He is now learning to hold his breath in the stream behind my house. Man what a mess he made in my car. Chewed through two different wires, that I had to repair, and have to remove all the grass and leaves. Man I hate opossums!!!!!!!
Old 10-09-2004, 05:33 PM

Default RE: Has Anyone ever Had A Opossum.....

can't say I have.
did have a rat move in once,(I mean a rat) the size of my beagle dog [].
when your car gets hot on rat P it really smells.[:'(][&:]
Old 10-09-2004, 05:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your just gonna let him drown? You could have at least hit him with a ball bat or something, damn. [:'(]
Old 10-09-2004, 10:38 PM

Yep. I just let him drown. Just the same way I do when I catch the skunks around my house, in a live trap. Sorry if I offended you.
Old 10-09-2004, 11:55 PM
Nontypical Buck

Im not an Anti or from PETA or anything, but thats stupid. You could have ATLEAST clubbed him.
Old 10-10-2004, 03:51 AM
Nontypical Buck

opossum is pretty tasty tastes like muskrat just the meat is a little more oily but they make great stew and chilli.
Old 10-10-2004, 05:08 AM

actually drowning (from what i heard) would be a lot more "ethical" than just clubbing him in the head. when an animal drowns, it just basically passes out first and quickly dies. clubbing it in the head would be a lot more painful and heck..........you might have to club the sucker 4 or 5 times before it became effective. as far as eating the critters, yuck!!!
Old 10-16-2004, 06:10 PM

you must not be one to have a strong stomach eh? I don't like the thoght of drowning but some times you got to do it when your trapping. I would have shot him.
Old 10-16-2004, 06:40 PM
Typical Buck

I had a mole in trap that wasnt dead so i threw him a bucket. It was fast adn teh animal didnt have to suffer anymore. I would sure as hell would rather have shot it but its not always an option.
Old 10-17-2004, 04:11 AM
Nontypical Buck

if you are gonna kill something you better eat it, otherwise leave them be. just to kill animal for the thrill of the kill is no better then murder.

Quick Reply: Has Anyone ever Had A Opossum.....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.