Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
 What works good for calling COYOTES in. >

What works good for calling COYOTES in.

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

What works good for calling COYOTES in.

Old 10-08-2004, 10:50 PM

Default What works good for calling COYOTES in.

Going to hunt coyotes for the first time this year and need some advice on what works good for calling them in. Thanks.
Old 10-09-2004, 09:09 AM

Default RE: What works good for calling COYOTES in.

rabbit distress call is good. i called one in with a turkey call. it attacked my decoys!!! i was turkey hunting but i shot him anyways......ended up having mange[:'(]
Old 10-09-2004, 10:27 AM

Buzz_boy;

Where do you want to start? Because there are literally hundreds of different kinds of calls on the market. The mouth calls should always be in your arsenal of calls. The rabbit in distress call is the basic of all the calls to own. And you should also have a few close in squeakers on hand too. Then you have all different types of e-caller on the market also. Your best bet would be to get a few of video that are out on the market now and watch them. Get yourself the All Predator Calls catalog. Everything you'll need is in it. Go to www.allpredatorcalls.com Varmint and predator calling is way more addicting than all the drugs on the streets. When you call in and shoot your first fox or coyote, you'll be hooked on it the rest of your life. Good luck to ya.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:35 AM

Another thing I forgot to mention was to go to www.predatormastersforums.com Some of the very best callers in the country are on there. And you'll get more information there than any other place on the internet.
Old 10-10-2004, 02:36 PM

If im shooting foxes from a vehicle with the lamp a piece of polystyrene scraped on glass may work or as coyote caller said calls produced with your mouth or hand. Some manufactured calls are the mutts nuts but others are rubbish and steer clear of them.
Old 10-11-2004, 11:20 PM
Giant Nontypical

My favorite call is a Lohman "Circe" 3-in-1 predator call. It is a mouth call that will do a jackrabbit, cottontail, and coaxer. I have a variety of calls, but I usually have my best luck with this one. I usually start with one of the two rabbit calls, giving it about three to five brief blows, and then wait about five to ten minutes before doing it again. If there are any coyotes around, they will usually respond within ten minutes, but occaisioinally they are slower.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:14 PM
Typical Buck

ORIGINAL: Shotgun Mike

If im shooting foxes from a vehicle with the lamp a piece of polystyrene scraped on glass may work or as coyote caller said calls produced with your mouth or hand. Some manufactured calls are the mutts nuts but others are rubbish and steer clear of them.
What state do you live in? Up in NY we are not allowed to shoot from a vehicle I believe. I'd be interested in the states logic behind allowing that.
Old 10-13-2004, 05:06 PM
Giant Nontypical

I haven't gone yote hunting yet. This will be my first season. But I know I will use cottontail in distress. Why? Because no matter where I rabbit hunt, I see lots of sites where yotes have been enjoying Peter cottontail, and yote poop full of rabbit hair.
Old 10-17-2004, 06:37 PM

I don't coyote hunt (about to start) , but today I was out squirrel hunting trying to call in some squirrels with a squirrel call when I heard some leaves russle, turned around and about 40 yrds away was a coyote sneaking around behind me. Im not sure but I guess he was trying to get around behind me to try and wind what was making the noise (the wind was in my face)
Old 10-20-2004, 04:12 AM

If you are thinking about electronic, try some of the Johnny Stewart calls. Baby cottontails, high pitch cottontail, to name a couple. Another good one is a fawn in distress. If you are near a populated area, use the 3 month litter of puppies tape. Distressed kitten works good too.
Much of your success will be your ability to sound like a distressed animal, not really the choice of animal.

Quick Reply: What works good for calling COYOTES in.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.