Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Hunting yotes in PA

Old 08-01-2004, 11:21 AM

Default Hunting yotes in PA

I just moved to Bucks County, PA and was wondering how many people hunt yotes in PA. Also....how good are public game land for hunting yote. I hunted them in MO strictly private property. Anyohter advice would be great
Old 08-06-2004, 01:02 PM
Typical Buck

Default RE: Hunting yotes in PA

I've lived in Lower Bucks for the past 28 yrs. Haven't seen or heard of anyone getting yotes on the public land. That's not to say they aren't there. Just haven't hear of anyone getting one there. I know a few people that own a little land and have told me there are yotes on their property (middle bucks) but they haven't let me hunt it. It's too small for rifle. Not to mention that in Bucks the largest caliber you can use for coyote is .22 lr since it's a special regulation county. If you hunt the public ground and have success let me know. Would love to find out if people are having any luck yote hunting on public ground. The good thing is that the coyote isn't a popular animal to hunt here and are starting to grow in numbers. So if you find a place I'm sure you'll have some fun.