Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Weasel trappng

Old 02-24-2002, 07:18 PM

Default Weasel trappng

Would anyone have any tips on trapping weasels? I have never trapped them before and have recently found out they were in my area. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-24-2002, 07:33 PM
Fork Horn

Default RE: Weasel trappng

Never tried just for weasel, any I ever caught were by accident. Couple ways told me were to nail a chicken head or similar to a fence post and place a trap under it. Other was to make boxes out of wood with 1 1/2"-2" holes in either end. Place traps inside of box under each enterance hole and bait in the middle. Fresh, bloody bait is best I think. I'm sure others have better ones. Good luck.
Old 02-25-2002, 05:48 PM

i like to use a Victor Rat trap, note your local regulations, its legal to use, as long as its enclosed, so all i do is cut a hole in an old anti-freeze container big enough for the trap and a weasle, slap on a pice of meat (beaver works best) mabe some lure, place the trap inside, when setting the container up, cover it with sticks and brush, kinda camoflauge it (weasles will find it with their noses) i have even caught martin in it!!

ScottFisher
Old 02-25-2002, 11:01 PM

Where abouts do weasels like to travel or feed?
Old 02-26-2002, 07:13 AM

i just make a 8 by 6 box with nails u can take out and cut a "v"in it and stick a pan trap in the box and put some meat in the back.