Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Crow Season

Old 06-03-2004, 05:31 PM
Giant Nontypical

Default Crow Season

Opens up this month here in NC. Anybody else kill crows?
Old 06-03-2004, 06:33 PM

Default RE: Crow Season

I do!
Old 06-03-2004, 07:31 PM

we have no season and tons of birds in utah!!
Old 06-03-2004, 08:07 PM

A buddy and I had a blast crow hunting last season. We were using an old caller of his with a tape called "Death Cry of a Crow". They came in perfect. We were set up in a power line clearing along a bluff in some makeshift blinds. The first time we had no decoys and would throw the dead ones out around the caller to give the soon to be dead ones something to look at. It worked pretty good. We got a decoy and used the next couple of times and it helped. I would really like to get a mojo crow or owl with some other decoys and have a real spread. We used our rough and tough 870's with some heavy dove loads. I think next season we may load up some #6's for a little more nock down on the taller birds. My buddy is an avid duck hunter and thought them crows were just as fun.

Old 06-03-2004, 09:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

we have tons of crows here and no season so you can shoot them when ever you want but ive never done it. but why do ya`ll do it? do you eat them?
Old 06-04-2004, 06:30 AM
Dominant Buck

ORIGINAL: RustyOlRanger4x4

we have tons of crows here and no season so you can shoot them when ever you want but ive never done it. but why do ya`ll do it? do you eat them?
You can "eat crow" if you want to Rusty ,
but it's never been my favorite dish !
Old 06-05-2004, 09:00 PM

I've ate crow several times, but that's because my wife made me.

Old 06-07-2004, 05:41 PM
Fork Horn

RustyOlRanger4X4, where is Altha FL? I live in Gainesville and there is a crow season in Florida... right now you can kill them on weekends only until like november 13th and it is open. i believe those are the dates.. be careful as you don't want to get in trouble for doing something you shouldn't. not trying to nag, just don't want you to get in some trouble!
Old 06-07-2004, 06:31 PM
Nontypical Buck

its been awhile since ive read the regs. on some of that odd ball stuff like crows but it seems like last time i read it there was no season but like i said its been awhile since ive even thought of a crow like that but i wouldent doubt that theres a season altha is about 30min. N.E of panama city and about 30min. S.W of marianna its a little town (population about 500) so i doubt it shows up on any maps but thanks for the heads up on the season i doubt ill be shooting a crow any time soon but its good to know theres actually a season before i start blasting
Old 06-11-2004, 09:53 PM

It's hard to beat crow hunting. If you can find their major flyways between their roost and their feeding grounds, you'll have hours of non-stop action.
What other species can you call, hunt, shoot, and feed to the coyotes without feeling bad?

Quick Reply: Crow Season

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.