Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Frog gigging?

Old 06-17-2004, 08:52 PM

Default RE: Frog gigging?

went last night....got 30......
Old 06-20-2004, 01:31 AM
Giant Nontypical

Haven't in an very long time but its on my to do list
Old 07-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Fork Horn

I like to catch bullfrogs like you catch fish.I save all my broken rubber worms and tear them into chunks about an inch and a half long and thread them onto a #4-6 hook weedless style with point in worm and a split shot on my line.I cast out to where the frogs are and twitch and jig the worm on top of the moss.The next thing you know the frogs are fighting over the worm.It is a lot of fun and you can do it in the daylight.I have caught several hundred frogs like this.If you try it, try not to laugh too hard and let me know how you did.

Elkshed
Old 07-31-2004, 08:05 PM

we just doo it in a boat and drive around and shine for eyes then pick em up with our hands. just make sure you dont grab a small alligator. your be suprised how hard those things can bite and how easy they are to mistake for frogs
Old 08-11-2004, 08:26 PM

you guys are gonna get a kick out of this but I know 2 different guys in central nc who own golf courses......me and my buddy just get a case of beer .....a golf cart , flashlight, and gigger and we are in buisness. you wouldnt believe the size these things grow to on golf course ponds
Old 08-30-2004, 07:15 PM

Default HA!

Well me and my dad use a really cheap bb gun, just shine the light, c the eyes, take aim, and shoot. if u plan to eat it, then u don't have to wory about lead poisnig from using pellets.
Old 08-31-2004, 05:32 AM
Giant Nontypical

Golf courses have huge frogs most of the time.
I love frog legs and always ate the fried until this year.
They are great grilled.
Old 01-03-2005, 02:11 PM

Now I see you guys talking about not being able to walk and gig frogs. I find this true also but we use a 4wheeler and just drive around the ponds. Usually we get 80 or more frogs a night. Any one up to the hunt?
Old 01-05-2005, 02:01 PM

If you're not eaten 'em , try this on for size...

near where I grew up there was an old livestock pond. Too shallow for fish. We'd go and shot clay pigeons off of the hill nearby.

Sometimes, we would go and walk along shore, we'd shoot them with our shotguns.

Probably should use steel shot, but if you shoot just under them you can take two shots... One when they're just sitting their, and one when they're about 15 feet in the air.
Old 01-08-2005, 09:14 AM

i like gigging frogs and fish gigging
ORIGINAL: Smokem Joe

If you're not eaten 'em , try this on for size...

near where I grew up there was an old livestock pond. Too shallow for fish. We'd go and shot clay pigeons off of the hill nearby.

Sometimes, we would go and walk along shore, we'd shoot them with our shotguns.

Probably should use steel shot, but if you shoot just under them you can take two shots... One when they're just sitting their, and one when they're about 15 feet in the air.
but another way to get those frogs is in day time scare them in the pond and when there heads pop up us a rod and reel with a top water lure and move it close to them they will jump it and it is all yours

Quick Reply: Frog gigging?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.