HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   10/.22 AND STINGERS (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/60179-10-22-stingers.html)

shotgunman 410 04-28-2004 03:53 PM

10/.22 AND STINGERS

I HAVE A 10/.22 AND IN THE OWNERS MANUAL IT SAYS THAT THE 10/.22 WONT SHOOT THE STINGERS. IS THIS TRUE?

thefamilyredneck 04-28-2004 07:05 PM

RE: 10/.22 AND STINGERS

I don't know if that is true but when i just recently purchased my 10/22 the guy who sold it to me at the sporting goods store gave me a free box of stingers and I bought another box of them and i have about 20 left and the first 80 cycled better than the value pack that I bought. I'll have to check out my owners manual its sitting in my desk drawer right know and I dont have time to look at it right know but I will try to find out more about that. I honestly dont see a problem that would occur with that. Hope this helps.

Ted

Deleted User 04-29-2004 09:06 AM

[Deleted]

[Deleted by Admins]

DoniphanRedneck 04-29-2004 11:06 PM

The target style 10/22 doesn't like them from what I hear because of the type of barrel chamber in them.

The only other thing I can think of is that maybe the back of the recever may become weak using the stock bolt buffer. I'd recomend getting the WeaponKraft Urethane Bolt Recoil Buffer. This will almost take away all felt recoil to you and your scope if you use one. Because the stingers have a high velocity they "hit" harder and this may hurt your scope in time.

Now all guns a different but it's all just something to thing about.
For the buffer go here.. great deal..Weapons Craft buffers

I've talked to the owner before and they are a LIFETIME GUARANTEED product.

DoniphanRedneck

and no I am not a sposer (sp) for this guy.

o and another note.. the Stinger CASE is longer then a normal .22 case.

Red Hawk 05-01-2004 02:07 PM

If you are talking about the CCI stingers, I have shot them in my 10/.22 for years and I love them. They are a hotter, cleaner, more accurate load than any of the cheap stuff. In fact, I have shot CCI stingers exclusively for the last 4 years. I don't buy any other .22 loads anymore.
I agree with you there. I always bought stingers just for the reason you mentioned.

mlaubner 05-03-2004 12:00 AM

The problem with stingers is that the brass is a couple of 1000's of an inch longer than a "standard" .22 case and therecan be a chambering problem. Most after market bbls with "match" chambers won't function with this ammo reliably as the chamber prevents the case from seating properly...it's too long.
Butler Creek bbls advertise that their "match" chambers will shoot these elongated cases which means to me that standard dimension cases certainly have bullet runout before the bullet engraves on the rifiling.
Does this make any sense?

Colin3 05-03-2004 08:17 PM

will 'longs' cycle in a 10/22?

psandhu 05-03-2004 08:44 PM

probably not. but why shoot longs? that's like buying a mustang/camaro/corvette with a 4 cylinder engine.

voz 05-04-2004 04:18 AM

My 10/22 won't chamber stingers. I think stingers are the best 22 on the market. CCI has another 22 called the velocator that's not bad and chambers fine.

Colin3 05-04-2004 07:24 PM

ORIGINAL: psandhu

probably not. but why shoot longs? that's like buying a mustang/camaro/corvette with a 4 cylinder engine.
longs can be much quieter and the 4 cylinder gets great gas mileage :D