HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Summertime Contest (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/58658-summertime-contest.html)

Timbawolf98 04-12-2004 07:38 PM

Summertime Contest

Everybody's talkin about the squirrel contest.... but that wont take place until fall, so why not have a contest in the summer to get us geared up and keep our skills honed? I say we do a groundhog contest, biggest # overall, in teams just like the squirrel contest (you can eat em if you want, but most people just want em outta their gardens) Sign up if you want, and give ideas on how many people per team and any other stuff that might come up during the contest. We need to decide on a starting date and stopping date.

Any weapon is legal, as long as YOU think you can make a clean, ethical kill with it.

Team #1
Timbawolf98
Deerslayer223

Who else is in? If we can decide on a number of persons per team, bring your own team if you want, so you're in with your buds. Contact me or Deerslayer223 with any questions.

deerslayer223 04-12-2004 08:00 PM

RE: Summertime Contest

Starting Date for the Groundhog Contest is Saturday May 1st. So everyone get your teams together to represent.

TEAM #1 Timbawolf98
Deerslayer223

Team#2 Squirrelhunter91
marty1028

Team#3 Billy8pt
Charlie Brown

The prize of this contest is the pleasure of knowing that your team outdid the next and the time u spent in the outdoors doing something that u love

Who else is in????

deerslayer223 04-12-2004 08:15 PM

I say we go with 2 man teams for this contest what does everyone else think? We're open to opinions? So fill me and Timbawolf98 in.

deerslayer223 04-12-2004 08:18 PM

How do u guys feel about takin pictures of ur harvests? I was just thinking if we dont have pics how are we going to have proof that the people are even killing any they might just be messing with our heads[8D]. If not i guess we can trust word of mouth! Give some feedback...

deerslayer223 04-14-2004 02:27 PM

Come on pplz there has got to be some of you out there that want 2 have a little fun! [8D]

emlaur 04-14-2004 02:48 PM

A contest has to have a prize. What's it gonna be?

marty1028 04-14-2004 04:29 PM

How long is the contest? Will rock chucks work! I don't have any groundhog in my part of the country.

deerslayer223 04-18-2004 10:30 AM

PLEASE we need more people! We want to make this competition alot of fun and also very competitive! ;)

billy8point 04-18-2004 04:09 PM

Count me in! Pair me up with whomever you'd like.

model 94 04-20-2004 08:14 PM

What about a summer time small game contest. Here in maine the only thing to hunt is red squirrles, yotes, wood chucks, and porkeypines.