Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

cd player ?

Old 02-06-2004, 03:46 PM

Default cd player ?

has any one used a cd player with computer speakers to call in foxs
Old 02-06-2004, 06:32 PM

Default RE: cd player ?

Eric,
My buddy and I used to use a CD boom box for fox calling and had some success with it. If you're serious about calling foxes though, I've found that calling systems are more crisp so they carry the sound much better than normal stereos do. That's been my experience.
Fox season is over here in Maryland though, isn't it?
Old 02-06-2004, 07:16 PM

i know it is for harford county
Old 02-06-2004, 08:38 PM

Where in Harford County do you do your hunting Eric? I grew up in western Maryland and have lived in this area (Harford County) for about 5 years since I graduated from college. Sure wish I had a place close by where I could hunt. Deer hunting ground seems to be a tough thing to access here.
Old 02-07-2004, 12:31 PM

so are you saying that you could buy animal sounds and just use a boom box instead of a caller???
Old 02-12-2004, 08:43 PM

so are you saying that you could buy animal sounds and just use a boom box instead of a caller???
Yes. There are a ton of different cassette tapes available. The only difference with a boom box versus a calling system is that the boom box doesn't have the same crisp tone that a caller does.