Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Is Diamondback DB15 or DB10 a great rilfe? >

Is Diamondback DB15 or DB10 a great rilfe?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Is Diamondback DB15 or DB10 a great rilfe?

Old 06-25-2021, 01:40 PM
Fork Horn

Question Is Diamondback DB15 or DB10 a great rilfe?

I have just discovered DB guns yesterday by doing Google research on AR rifles currently in production. This is an AR type whole line of guns available in 5.56, 6.5 CM, .308 and .300 Blackout. Some of these rifles boast MOA accuracy out of the box according to some sources.I do like the fit and finish of these firearms by the look of them in the pictures. AR-platform guns by Diamondback Firearms look pretty to me and they are not too expensive for me and that's why I find them so appealing right now.

Is there one single caliber available in any AR-based rifle retailing under $1,000 that is practical, economical and effective for both deer hunting AND small rodents?

PS If a round of ammo is over .50 cents a shot, it seems too expensive for me to be shooting gophers with it. I don't mind spending up to $2 a shot to kill a deer however. Deer are prestigious game, rats are nasty pests.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-25-2021 at 08:02 PM.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:14 PM
Boone & Crockett

Really, .308 is not a caliber for deer? Why do you post this kind of crap? You state that you don't know anything about deer hunting then you post this rubbish. I cannot even remember how many deer I killed with a .308 and I am sure it is more than you will kill in your lifetime. Why are you posting here? You are not a hunter and never will be. You say you know nothing then post this kind of rubbish which indicates you think you do.. You are a troll and nothing more or less. Go find some other way to assuage you ego, no one here is impressed with you, I think there is something wrong with you mentally. Do yourself and us a favor and disappear. I sincerely doubt you have any intentions of ever hunting or ever did. Don't go away mad, just go away, and as soon as possible.
Old 06-25-2021, 03:35 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
Really, .308 is not a caliber for deer? Why do you post this kind of crap? You state that you don't know anything about deer hunting then you post this rubbish. I cannot even remember how many deer I killed with a .308 and I am sure it is more than you will kill in your lifetime. Why are you posting here? You are not a hunter and never will be. You say you know nothing then post this kind of rubbish which indicates you think you do.. You are a troll and nothing more or less. Go find some other way to assuage you ego, no one here is impressed with you, I think there is something wrong with you mentally. Do yourself and us a favor and disappear. I sincerely doubt you have any intentions of ever hunting or ever did. Don't go away mad, just go away, and as soon as possible.
Oldtimr, you misread my OP. You may need to please put on your cheaters for reading. I was saying 5.56 was NOT for deer. I was asking if .308 was for gophers. Anyway, I have just added Oldtimr to my iggy list.I have a feeling this site might be grumpy old geezers.

My OP was a serious one about the AR platform for game-taking and varmint-killing.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-25-2021 at 03:40 PM.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:01 PM
Nontypical Buck

308win and LFAR’s (AR-10, LR-308’s) are obviously capable of shooting small game, but it’s largely wasteful, overweight, and overpowered for the task.

There are plenty of cartridges which are compatible with the AR-15 which are easily capable of harvesting even the nation’s heaviest of deer species, which aren’t wasteful and aren’t so dramatically overpowered for smaller game. 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, 6x45, 25-45 Sharps, 350 Legend, 300 Blackout, 7.62x39... frankly, even the 223/5.56 will cleanly kill deer with few concessions. They don’t make heavier deer than I’m able to hunt every season, and there’s never been any argument against any of my AR-15’s which have perforated deer - this particular whitetail knocked down by a 6.5 Grendel.

A wise trick many of us enjoy with the AR platforms is to keep multiple uppers on hand, chambered for disparate cartridges to allow significantly different performance with each. I keep uppers built for laying in the bed of the truck overlooking a Eastern Colorado prairie dog town (204 Ruger 22”), built for hiking through scrub brush of Western Oklahoma stalking hogs (10.5” 6.8 SPC), built for ambushing deer over beanfields in Kansas (24” 243 LBC), and built for calling coyotes over Midwestern prairies (20” 233/5.56). All of them swap within seconds onto the same lower. The same can be done with LFAR’s, swapping between an 18” 338 Federal when hunting deer in woodlands and a 24” 6mm Creedmoor when calling coyotes over pasture...

Diamondback firearms aren’t particularly great, but they’re serviceable. My money wouldn’t be spent on them, but a guy could do worse.
Old 06-25-2021, 04:04 PM
Nontypical Buck

AlongCameJones
I again think your having issue's with HOW or what a forum is

the title of your topic here
your asking a question, as in IS EITHER of them rifles are GREAT rifles!
which in itself is a GREAT question to ask if oen really wanted to know about thsi brand make model rifle!

HOWEVER what I think is getting you off track and well, not so kind replies is the FACT

BUT then you DON"T wait for any answers on your topic

Instead, you seem to want to REPEAT things you read else where and then it sort of seams like your trying to TEACH US something , rather than asking any question!
when the facts are rather simple to us here!

YOU DON"T know CRAP about guns, hunting or much of the outdoors it seems;'. yet you seem to think due to you read something someplace else or watched a YOUTUBE video, that you NOW Do!
when you have ZERO clue if what you read or watched is accurate or Correct
which in return is making you seem like a a troll just trying to stir the pot and ruffle feathers wasting folks time, to anyone that actually WANTS to HELP you!

this i what is wrong with your posts
your NOT actually asking a question, your just posting things you seen else where
your NOT asking for advice or help
or it sure doesn;'t seem like it

its as if your goal is to just waste time, your's and others!

NOW again, as many times already
I HAVE tried to help you

you can hunt any GAME animal with ANY LEGAL CALIBER you wish, does that make it GOOD or BAD or right or wrong!

that can be a personal choice and opinion!

the FACTS are simple, if the caliber is LEGAL, then the STATE already decided it is CAPABLE to KILL "X" Game animal!

I personally have killed many deer with a .223 and .308
both work when you use them correctly!

NOW< to your ACTUAL TOPIC question
I have ZERO experience with said brand make or model rifle, there are literally dozens if not hundreds of makers making AR 15 platform rifles these days
some have higher quality and spec's than others, some cost more for NAME BRAND alone, that doesn't mean there BETTER or not than lesser priced like makes!

I have shot many hundreds of different Ar 15(and many m-16's as well) in many configurations from single shot(made to work single shot ONLY) to belt fed one's

its a proven solid design
SO< is this BRAND a GREAT rifle
I cannot tell you, BUT the AR 15 platform IMO< IS a GREAT platform for a rifle
and the many millions sold sort of back me up! so not just MY opinion!
Old 06-25-2021, 07:42 PM
Fork Horn

Mrrb:

It seemed like a simple yes or no question asking the opinion of others: Is .308 a great caliber for gophers and woodchucks?

So is this one: Are .308 cartridges too expensive to be banging away at a prairie dog town, woodchucks or squirrels?

This is a remark about what I do know about 5.56 ammunition:5.56 can be had cheap but it's not for mule deer or whitetail.

My remark that this caliber is not for deer means to me I don't feel confident I can take a deer humanely and effectively with this cartridge. I do know that 5.56 can be had fairly cheap and especially so in bulk. I do know that .308 indeed is a prime example deer caliber. However, I doubt if it's practical or economical for killing small varmints as rodents.

My OP probably should have read since people here seem to like OP's based on one question only: Is there one single caliber available in any AR-based rifle retailing under $1,000 that is practical, economical and effective for both deer hunting AND small rodents?

As a matter of fact, I've just revised my OP right now.

Last edited by AlongCameJones; 06-25-2021 at 07:57 PM.
Old 06-25-2021, 11:38 PM
Nontypical Buck

The reframed question asked:

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
My OP probably should have read since people here seem to like OP's based on one question only: Is there one single caliber available in any AR-based rifle retailing under $1,000 that is practical, economical and effective for both deer hunting AND small rodents?
Which was already answered prior to your re-evaluation of your question:

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
There are plenty of cartridges which are compatible with the AR-15 which are easily capable of harvesting even the nation’s heaviest of deer species, which aren’t wasteful and aren’t so dramatically overpowered for smaller game. 6mm ARC, 6.5 Grendel, 6.8 SPC, 6x45, 25-45 Sharps, 350 Legend, 300 Blackout, 7.62x39... frankly, even the 223/5.56 will cleanly kill deer with few concessions.
Old 06-26-2021, 01:00 AM
Fork Horn

Ok, I rest my case. It's now my firm conviction that I should get an AR (if I'm to even get one at all) in 5.56 as a prepper weapon that can also be a rat-killer, fun gun and casual plinker too. 5.56 ammo is so cheap and plenty. I should just have other guns for hunting deer altogether. Some people here feel confident for 5.56/.233 on deer but I still don't feel it's right for ME. I hate to cruelly wound animals. I've seen coyote videos with guys shooting 5.56/.233 at coyotes and the poor dogs spin and yelp in pain for a long time. But I digress. I still think DB looks nice for the modest retail price. I'll sleep on it.
Old 06-26-2021, 05:49 AM
Nontypical Buck

Mrrb:

It seemed like a simple yes or no question asking the opinion of others: Is .308 a great caliber for gophers and woodchucks?

So is this one: Are .308 cartridges too expensive to be banging away at a prairie dog town, woodchucks or squirrels?

This is a remark about what I do know about 5.56 ammunition:5.56 can be had cheap but it's not for mule deer or whitetail.

My remark that this caliber is not for deer means to me I don't feel confident I can take a deer humanely and effectively with this cartridge. I do know that 5.56 can be had fairly cheap and especially so in bulk. I do know that .308 indeed is a prime example deer caliber. However, I doubt if it's practical or economical for killing small varmints as rodents.

As a matter of fact, I've just revised my OP right now.

again, you don;'t seem to understand(or maybe you do and this is a fgame for you)

that once again, when you asked your SIMPLE YES OR NO question
YES it was simple
but its YOU< that pollute your won topic/question with all sorts of information that is mostly incorrect and just BS< you seemed to have read else where and are trying to pass it on as YOUR THOUGHTS< when you obviously don't know much at all about guns or ammo!
its making you SOUND like a person that is trying to pretend to ask for help, then before you even get a reply, your trying to TEACH US something, you know nothing about!, and then you try and post video's to back up what ever you read or seen and then again CLAIM to pretend to know more about it

AS IF you really KNOW your stuff, why are you asking us about it??

NEXT and again, to TRY and answer your questions

well, IMO< a .308 is way over kill for small critters, BUT if it floats your boat to use BIGGER than needed calibers to hunt or shoot things, its a free country where you can if you so wish too!

NEXT,

well this is a question that is again a personal thing,
as really simple what is TOO expensive to one person maybe isn;t TOO EXPENSIVE to another
Some folks reload and thus ammo is a LOT cheaper
.308 ammo can also be bought in bulk making is rather CHEAP to shoot, so, is it too expensive or NOT
is NOT a question that can even be answered on forum or else where! period! it shows again lack of for thought into even asking this silly question!

as if you have deep pockets , then I doubt any price for ammo is too costly too shot if you enjoy doing so? many folks shoot very expensive per round guns and NONE I know of THINK its too costly for them to enjoy doing so!

and as for you BUYING a AR platform,
have at it
but like much of your PLANS and thoughts, < I doubt there is much reality to them panning out!
sorry just being honest!

and lastly
I don;'t know what rock you been under, but ZERO ammo right now is CHEAP and easy to be found in large amounts
since the last 16 months or so ammo has been in its highest costing platform in the past 10+ yrs and its exceptionally HARD to find at times in ALL calibers
SO again, its showing that you know so little about ammo and guns

the days of CHEAP ammo have been gone a while now and odds are will get worse before or even IF it ever gets better!

and don't forget another FACT you seem to be missing on AMMO

using BULK Military 5.56/.233 ammo to shoot deer or woodchucks or ground hogs, is PISS POOR AMMO for the task
as its full metal jacketed ammo, NOT made to expand on impact
so its poor bullet to be using for hunting and can be ILLEGAL to use in many places!
it also deflects and travels a LOT farther after passing thru a target/animal than expanding ammo, making it a safety issue as well!

SO, NOW< if you KNEW anything about AMMO
and you wanted to use HUNTING bullets in 5.565-.233, you will soon find out that CHEAP so called 5.56/.233 ammo, doesn't exist at all
as once you BUY and use HUNTING 5.56-.233 ammo, you will discover its a LOT more costly than Bulk ammo in it meant for target shooting !!

again, all simple info we experienced shooters and hunters know, and that can be found real easy if one should spent a little time trying to learn something , rather than just pretend they know something or plan to do something!
or repeating things you read or watched, but have NO clue if what YOU read or Watched IS ACCURATE OR CORRECT!

Your sadly not helping yourself here with these kind of posts and replies
as there are tons of highly experiences folks here that WOULD help you , if you maybe approached things better
its not that were old and bitter
its we don't like folks trying to waste our time with nonsense when we TRY to help them!
either you KNOW something or you DON"T
if you know it don;'t ask about it, TEACH us something
if you WANT HELP< stick to asking a question and not filling in your own reply's with info you read seen else where
its as if you DON"T want help, you just want us to agree with you, which defeats the point of asking a question here at all!

Last edited by mrbb; 06-26-2021 at 12:33 PM.
Old 06-26-2021, 10:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still think DB looks nice for the modest retail price.
What about the Diamondback rifles “looks nice” to you? Without experience with AR’s, and without direct hands on experience with the Diamondbacks, how are you objectively defining their quality, relative to their price, and relative to the price of other AR’s on the market?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.