Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Is Diamondback DB15 or DB10 a great rilfe? >

Is Diamondback DB15 or DB10 a great rilfe?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Is Diamondback DB15 or DB10 a great rilfe?

Old 06-27-2021, 07:05 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
Older guns just look better to my eyes. I've owned a 1971 Colt Lawman Mark III in 4" barrel and both a 1970's-vintage Colt Series 70/Mark IV and a pre-Series 70 Government Model that had lovely smooth bluing and crisp impeccable letter markings. There's no beating the cosmetic quality of common service pistols made by Colt prior to 1980. Which is prettier to your eyes? A mint 1964 Cadillac Eldorado convertible or any modern plasticar?

I have a lot of EMOTIONS about guns. Most here fail to understand that. I HATE cosmetic sloppiness, period. The gun, old or new, has to look machined and finished neat or it doesn't make my cut.
if you HATE cosmetic sloppiness,
then you need to stop looking at LOW end guns and entry level guns
as the whole point of these model guns, are they are CHEAP and as CHEAP things are, they DON"T have high quality fit and finishes, in order to keep there costs down

Go look at some higher end guns and you will find the fit and finish to be top notch, even better than older vintage guns
and before you TRY and say older guns were just made better
NO they were not
the OLDER guns that WERE made better were also the HIGHER costing one of there ERA
the entry level and cheaper models they made back then had just as low grade of fit and finish, THUS why they cost less than there BETTER grade guns of same models !

SO< things have NOT changed to be honest, in costs(inflation has changed numbers )
the BETTER guns still cost more than there lower cheaper models and grades on them

what features MOST want these days has also changed
yrs ago fine wood and high gloss blueing was IN DEMAND
but that has changed to most wanting, Plastic stocks and matte finishes or COATED finishes that are more durable and require less up keep! and overall more durable!

we all LIKE what we like, nothing wrong with that

but Try and go buy a NEW or mint 1964 Cadillac Eldorado and see how CRAZY costly one will be NOW! a fully restored one to LIKE new condition will cost you a LOT of coin!
is it really worth it, having dated parts, technology, and worries of ever finding a part when needed as vehicles are wear and tear items right??
back to what is worth to ME< might be different to you, and so will HOW much $$ one has to answer a question of this type ??
Values are personal when buying ANYTHING
what one will pay another will not, and BOTH will feel there RIGHT!
OLD Vintage, does NOT mean better or higher quality,!
actually with age, come higher risks of something failing! as AGE along wears on things!
Old 06-27-2021, 07:53 AM
Fork Horn

People, I wouldn't beat a dead horse. I'm stubborn as a mule. I'm 57. I'm an old dog. New tricks are hard to come by. Yes, I'm fussy.
Old 06-27-2021, 08:02 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by AlongCameJones
People, I wouldn't beat a dead horse. I'm stubborn as a mule. I'm 57. I'm an old dog. New tricks are hard to come by. Yes, I'm fussy.
there is a difference you know in being fussy and , refusing to learn!
if your not willing to learn
then why bother asking questions! and wasting other peoples time
or is that your goal here!
Old 06-28-2021, 03:29 AM
Boone & Crockett

I have been asking myself that very same question since he appeared here to aske questions and then answer them , he thinks, with his google information. I am convinced he doesn't want any information nor will he ever hunt and that his story about the deer he allegedly shot was more "Who shot John", than the truth. Very odd and very aggravating.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-28-2021 at 03:32 AM.
Old 06-28-2021, 04:30 AM
Super Moderator

I wonder who's more foolish? The one trying to waste others time or the one knowingly allowing their time to be wasted(again and again and again and again)?

Seems y'all are playing right into it.

-Jake
Old 06-28-2021, 04:39 AM
Boone & Crockett

His posts are like seeing a pending train wreck, a train wreck, you don't want to watch but you can't look away to see how bad it is going to be. Not foolish, just double checking.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 06-28-2021 at 04:42 AM.
Old 06-28-2021, 06:06 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
I wonder who's more foolish? The one trying to waste others time or the one knowingly allowing their time to be wasted(again and again and again and again)?

Seems y'all are playing right into it.

-Jake
well I already stated here that I am replying due to I the fact I TIME to waste
so, not sure about it being foolish, have to kill time someone
and on the very slight chance any info MIGHT actually Help the guy, I don't mind helping either!

I doubt anything is going to alter the OP's way's or lack of doing anything with hunting

but maybe some one else might read some and get something out of it all (as low as odds as that maybe??)
Old 06-28-2021, 08:55 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by mrbb

I doubt anything is going to alter the OP's way's or lack of doing anything with hunting

but maybe some one else might read some and get something out of it all (as low as odds as that maybe??)

Good point.

If you need more entertainment to fill the day go to the Oklahoma forum he posts on and read there. Similar topics but different responses.

And I know you're not a fool. Just making a joke.

-Jake
Old 06-28-2021, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
His posts are like seeing a pending train wreck, a train wreck, you don't want to watch but you can't look away to see how bad it is going to be. Not foolish, just double checking.

That's why I keep reading. I can't bring myself to reply with anymore advice to someone who refuses to go do anything though.

-Jake
Old 06-28-2021, 09:46 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
Good point.

If you need more entertainment to fill the day go to the Oklahoma forum he posts on and read there. Similar topics but different responses.

And I know you're not a fool. Just making a joke.

-Jake
I was never offended knew it was a joke!
and already seen his post there, even committed on them here, thinking maybe it would poke a hole in his stories/logic!

seems folks on the other site are seeing thru his posts there

if you seen his post there you will also see that he claims to have deer HUNTS out west
trying ton pretend he has more than ONE deer hunt under his belt, so he is being dishonest there too, or trying to be deceiving there!
he also doesn't contribute to any other posts there but his own topic's!
so, I guess he is just trolling to hear himself type there as well as here!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.