Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Nationwide Hunting Competition

Old 02-20-2019, 08:59 AM
Spike

Thumbs up Nationwide Hunting Competition

Hi all!

We are a local company doing something that we think is absolutely amazing. We are hosting a nation wide coyote hunting competition. There are over $20k in prizes available. The tournament is starting this Saturday, Feb 23rd and again is nationwide! The difference between us and other coyote calling competitions is technology. We have taken 2 years to develop an app approved by the app store and available for android. All harvests are checked in via the app, this means that anyone can compete in the nation. Hunters from Oklahoma will be competing with hunters from New York and so on. This is a one of a kind competition that will revolutionize the predator hunting industry. Please take some time to look over our website and look at the upcoming tournament.

I am available for questions and would love to speak more about this exciting event!

Register a team at americanpredatorchallenge.com
Attached Thumbnails Nationwide Hunting Competition-thegreatpredatorshowdown_banner_1.jpg  
Old 02-20-2019, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

I am never a big fan of using hunting for a contest, when money is in the mix, it tends to cause folks to cheat
prime example is, a local coyote contest got shut down, after one guy one it a few yrs in a row, , they caught him trapping in off season, pen raising and then over feeding them to get them fat, (heaviest yote won things)

the largest contest in the state here from mosquito creek sportsman club over 48 k this past contest, ( and the pot has been over 40 k and higher last few yrs and growing ) https://mosqcreek.com/ )
they now require a full on polygraph test after all is said and done to help rule out those cheaters!
how in the world do you plan to rule out cheaters with an APP. ?
sounds like a money deal where , your all just looking to make money and not care about IF anyone cheats or not, as long as you make enough $$ to justify things

sorry if this hurts your feelings, and isn;t what your goal is
but it sure is what will happen IMO
someone will cheat, win
and well, as long as you cover your costs and make $$ NO one will care
if you look back at history, almost any time you put a bounty on an animal, the animal ends up loosing!
hunting shouldn;t be about a pay out of cash! IMO

Last edited by mrbb; 02-20-2019 at 11:30 AM.
Old 02-20-2019, 01:30 PM
Boone & Crockett

mrbb, I agree with you. I do not care for any hunting competition other than the hunter competing with the wildlife. When hunting becomes a contest, nothing good comes out of it! When you add prizes and prize money, the worst is brought out in people.
Old 02-20-2019, 03:50 PM
Super Moderator

It's a good thing participation in these contests is not mandatory....

I've been a part of the mosquito Creek hunt a few years.

Never felt compelled to cheat, never felt compelled to whine that the winners were cheating. There are people who break the rules in all areas of life. You can choose to let it ruin your day, or you can choose to enjoy yourself and have a good time. I know what choice I make.

-Jake
Old 02-20-2019, 03:51 PM
Super Moderator

And as for the coyotes losing.....I suppose one could dream....

-Jake
Old 02-20-2019, 06:00 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bocajnala
It's a good thing participation in these contests is not mandatory....

I've been a part of the mosquito Creek hunt a few years.

Never felt compelled to cheat, never felt compelled to whine that the winners were cheating. There are people who break the rules in all areas of life. You can choose to let it ruin your day, or you can choose to enjoy yourself and have a good time. I know what choice I make.

-Jake
I too have been in the mosquito Creek hunt, never cared about winning either, just gave me a extra reason to go hunting
but I DO have a issue with cheaters in contests like this
I don't think its fair to even a coyote to be pen raised to be killed for a contest, where maybe a HARD working hunter could have won by playing by the rules!
fair chase is one thing all REAL hunters should hold a standard too!

cheaters, yes exists every where in life but that doesn't mean anyone should be OK with it!
that just makes for more of them to do it, if they know others don;t care! IMO

money on killing animals, will NEVER do good when profit is the reason for the hunts!

unless MAYBE proceeds of contests go to good causes!

like some of the smaller hunts.contests , of fire dept's used to hold these hunts and donate a lot of the take to put to good use
it was never about the folks running contest making cash to pocket!
just a way to get some cash to help folks in need!
and maybe get some better idea on coyote numbers and sizes in an area!
a country wide hunt where its all about CASH IMO
will be a BAD thing, and get more heat /negative ???
from anti hunters !!
Old 02-23-2019, 09:10 PM
Nontypical Buck

I have participated in different coyote calling contests over the years, and I’m sure I’ll continue to do so for as long as I can walk afield.

But I have to say, I’ve killed hundreds of coyotes “for money.” Whether it be contests, county bounties, selling furs, or simply protecting a hard working rancher’s livelihood - aka livestock - there’s a lot of MONEY tied to the coyotes I have killed, and will continue to kill in the future.

I’ve killed THOUSANDS of coons for money, fur does have value, and while I enjoy running hounds, I’d be hard pressed to justify hunting them without making use of the animal. I’ve also raised hundreds of head of cattle with intent of killing them for money.

All about perspective, I suppose.
Old 02-27-2019, 07:23 AM
Nontypical Buck

I think we should all be aware and concerned about what the public thinks about out sport of hunting. Many non-hunters are fine with hunters who take game for good reasons (food, damage, etc.). I am in the minority here but I believe publicized hunting contests where the number of animals taken is a factor are very bad for the future of hunting. Seemingly the exception to this seems to be the annual and traditional Big Bucks contests where numbers of game taken is not part of the contest.

As long as hunting is a personal and private thing the anti-hunters have less to moan about in their nonstop efforts to influence the public.