Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Future trapper? (Me) Raccoon

Old 10-29-2018, 01:48 PM
Spike

Post Future trapper? (Me) Raccoon

I have trapped coon before and wondering if I would like to get into it for conservation.Im planning to do it with dog proof traps.Is there any money into selling raccoon fur.I might get into coyotes later on. Any tips on skinning,stretching,and processing the fur to sell is appreciated.Also I don't know where to sell the fur at we do have a local farmers market but due to work I cannot go.Any extra supplies you think I might need tell me.

Thanks,

Eli
Old 10-30-2018, 08:26 AM
Super Moderator

I don't trap so will let one of the guys who traps answer your questions. As a suggestion, if you list your state, anybody responding will be able to give you a more specific answer tailored to your specific state as opposed to some generic information about fur buyers. Also, many states seem to have trapper associations which would provide a wealth of relevant information.
Old 11-13-2018, 03:03 PM
Spike

Default Raccoon

Originally Posted by Elidepew05
I have trapped coon before and wondering if I would like to get into it for conservation.Im planning to do it with dog proof traps.Is there any money into selling raccoon fur.I might get into coyotes later on. Any tips on skinning,stretching,and processing the fur to sell is appreciated.Also I don't know where to sell the fur at we do have a local farmers market but due to work I cannot go.Any extra supplies you think I might need tell me.

Thanks,

Eli
There is not much Money in them about 10 dollars avrage get a nafa book on how they want them put up it's a free download from there site coyotes are the best avrage depending on where you are at with northwestern coyotes the most valuable