HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Quickly catch squirrel (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/418103-quickly-catch-squirrel.html)

loretta1994 05-21-2018 11:28 PM

Quickly catch squirrel

Squirrels are members of the family Sciuridae, a family that includes small or medium-size rodents. The squirrel family includes tree squirrels, ground squirrels, chipmunks, marmots (including woodchucks), flying squirrels, and prairie dogs amongst other rodents. Squirrels are indigenous to the Americas, Eurasia, and Africa, and were introduced by humans to Australia.

Squirrels are very quick, so catching them by hand is almost impossible; therefore, aborigines usually use trap to catch them:

+ Collect 2 small tree branches, tie parallelly in a tree. The lower branch is tied unstably

+ Below the lower tree branches, use a wire to make a trap to catch the squirrel after falling down from the lower branch.

+ After catching a squirrel, you can reuse the trap again to catch more squirrels.

To process squirrel in the jungle, you can try this way:

+ Find wood around you to set a fire

+ Wash squirrels carefully

+ Put squirrels on fire in some minutes, take them out to deplume

+ Use some small bamboo trunks to skewer squirrels and bake squirrels above charcoal

Just after a short time, you have delicious squirrels.

Hope this helps!

mrbb 05-22-2018 08:18 AM

have to ask, but how often are you in a jungle and how many squirrels do you see in jungles?

they also sell LIVE catch traps, there pretty cheap, and well, easy to work with and last decades with a little care

here is how I use them to catch squirrels
place trap on ground in known squirrel area, add some bait to trap, set trap, walk away, come back find critter in trap, decide where to take and releace
as in MOST of the USA states, I think its Illegal to TRAP squirrels for FOOD< , they have set HUNTING seasons on them and NOT trapping seasons for them
SO< if you trap squirrels in the USA< and eat em,your modt likely breaking the law and can get in to trouble doing so??

I have NEVER been in a REAL Jungle outside of the USA, so, I cannot say what laws are there
and I honestly have NO desire to go to one either, too hot, too many things I could care NOT to have to deal with from bugs, insects, snakes, and assorted illnesses from things in Jungles!. not to mention the predators both Human and tow and four legged critters!

Oldtimr 05-22-2018 08:49 AM

According to the profile, Loretta is in the Ukraine. I never understood why some burn the fur off animals instead of skinning them. The smell of burning hair would kill my appetite.

loretta1994 05-22-2018 10:11 AM

Originally Posted by mrbb (Post 4335702)
have to ask, but how often are you in a jungle and how many squirrels do you see in jungles?

they also sell LIVE catch traps, there pretty cheap, and well, easy to work with and last decades with a little care

here is how I use them to catch squirrels
place trap on ground in known squirrel area, add some bait to trap, set trap, walk away, come back find critter in trap, decide where to take and releace
as in MOST of the USA states, I think its Illegal to TRAP squirrels for FOOD< , they have set HUNTING seasons on them and NOT trapping seasons for them
SO< if you trap squirrels in the USA< and eat em,your modt likely breaking the law and can get in to trouble doing so??

I have NEVER been in a REAL Jungle outside of the USA, so, I cannot say what laws are there
and I honestly have NO desire to go to one either, too hot, too many things I could care NOT to have to deal with from bugs, insects, snakes, and assorted illnesses from things in Jungles!. not to mention the predators both Human and tow and four legged critters!

Yes, i see your point of view. Actually, this is how people living in jungle make trap. Imagine one day, you have to live in forest without anything on you. So I hope this skill will be somewhat useful for you and anyone else.

loretta1994 05-22-2018 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Oldtimr (Post 4335704)
According to the profile, Loretta is in the Ukraine. I never understood why some burn the fur off animals instead of skinning them. The smell of burning hair would kill my appetite.

Oh no. We just burn the fur quickly to skin it easily. You can see it more clearly in my video. Anw, thank you for your opinion

mrbb 05-22-2018 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by loretta1994 (Post 4335706)
Yes, i see your point of view. Actually, this is how people living in jungle make trap. Imagine one day, you have to live in forest without anything on you. So I hope this skill will be somewhat useful for you and anyone else.

well I have plenty of skills to live without every buying another item, I also have enough ammo and guns to out live me and a herd of others if need be
and I never EVER plan to live in a jungle, and doubt many others will be forced to at any point
NOT bashing on you, just saying
NEVER hurts to post the things you do in your area, so don't take this as being meant to be offensive not my goal here!
also, maybe our squirrels over here are a little smarter? I seen some here that are outright SUPER squirrels

coolman2362 02-07-2020 06:57 AM

Sometimes the traps you buy at the store don't work. I've seen gray squirrels stand inside the trap and take the food without being trapped inside.