Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
FoxPro Inferno - New budget friendly killer >

FoxPro Inferno - New budget friendly killer

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

FoxPro Inferno - New budget friendly killer

Old 06-28-2015, 11:27 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default FoxPro Inferno - New budget friendly killer

I'll start by saying - I do not work for Foxpro, am not on their prostaff, and am not affiliated with them in any way. I'm simply a bit of a coyote call addict, and I have been a very satisfied customer of their products for many years.

Hopefully this thread will help a few folks avoid buyer's remorse if they buy something off of a shelf without understanding the product line histories or mistaking 3 calls that look almost identical - because the new model on the block is worth the wait! When FoxPro releases new entry level calls, they REPLACE the old model at the same price point, but the retailers don't always broadcast that fairly because they want to sell the new old stock that they have on hand.

I know this isn't really the time of year that guys go buy coyote calls, but I thought I'd point out the upcoming release of the new FoxPro Inferno in the "budget friendly" end of the electronic call market, which SHOULD be on shelves in July, but you probably won't see regularly until the fall months.

For folks looking for an entry level, budget friendly E-caller, WAIT A FEW MONTHS, and read the box that you're buying!!!!

Once the Inferno finally hits shelves, there will be 3 nearly identical calls on the shelves at big stores like Cabela's, Dick's, Gander, Scheels, etc. all with similar regular prices, but the Inferno will be the "one to buy".

The Spitfire was basically the "Gen 1" for this call body, and FoxPro discontinued it 3yrs ago. The big hunting stores have been choking on inventory ever since, holding them "on sale" at anywhere from $120-180 (regular MSRP before discontinuing was $199). The Wildfire II, the "Gen 2" for this call body is a great caller, and was worth the retail price of $199 over the Spitfires since it has the FoxBang feature. I'd expect that the Wildfire will go on similar "sales" once the Inferno is released.

The "Gen 3" for the entry level, $199 price point, flashlight body style FoxPro will be released this summer, set to replace the Wildfire II - enter the FoxPro Inferno!

I owned a Spitfire for several years before the Wildfire came out, still use it on occasion. I sold mine (temporarily) to a buddy and bought a Wildfire to get the advantage of FoxBang, but ended up getting it back later on in trade for some 223rem brass. My Wildfire has been a great caller too, but I full intend to trade it in to FoxPro once the Inferno hits shelves.

The differential between the Gen 1 Spitfire and the Gen 3 Inferno, in my eyes as a caller, is a lot better control, over 6 times as many call sounds (12 on the Spitfire, 75 on the Inferno), plus the big advantage of the FoxBang feature that automatically changes your sound when the caller hears you take a shot. The Gen 2 Wildfire had a better remote, almost 3 times as many sounds, and the Foxbang feature, so it was worth the upgrade when it came out. The difference between the Gen 2 Wildfire II and the Gen 3 Inferno is FURTHER improved control via the AGAIN updated remote, and over twice as many call sounds - 35 sounds for the Wildfire, and 75 for the Inferno, that's over $50 worth of sounds!

So, unless a guy can find killer sales on the phase out Gen 1 and Gen 2 models, the better money will be to get the Inferno. Unless you can find a Spitfire for $100-120, or a Wildfire for under $140, it's definitely going to be worth it to wait a few months and buy the Inferno at $199.

Old 06-28-2015, 12:22 PM
Giant Nontypical

Thank you as always my friend for your insight !

Still have my Spitfire, but most of the dogs & cats I call to all know me by now.

................ those that are still alive anyway - LOL !!!

Might be time to upgrade to the "Inferno".
Old 06-28-2015, 01:40 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Thank you as always my friend for your insight !

Still have my Spitfire, but most of the dogs & cats I call to all know me by now.

................ those that are still alive anyway - LOL !!!

Might be time to upgrade to the "Inferno".
For guys like you and I that already have the Gen 1 Spitfire or the Gen 2 Wildfire, it'd be a harder choice to upgrade.

For guys that don't have anything yet - the Gen 3 Inferno makes the other two obsolete in the retail market.
Old 02-03-2018, 09:36 PM
Spike

I know this is an old post, but you directly compare price of older models. Amazon just put the Wildfire 2 up for $99. Would you find the wildfire 2 or regularly priced inferno as a better buy? Thank you in advance
Old 02-04-2018, 09:52 AM
Nontypical Buck

For $100, the Wildfire II is a lot of caller-per-dollar. The "favorites list" is the only upgraded feature I wish I had in my Wildfire, which comes standard in the Inferno. There's $80 in extra call sounds on the Inferno, which are hard to ignore, but without checking the list on both side by side, I'd bet I can buy $20-30 worth of calls, clear out a lot of useless stuff from the 35 calls on the Wildfire, and find myself with a better list than the 75 calls on the Inferno.

For $50 or less difference in price, I'd get the Inferno over the Wildfire. But with the Wildfire II clearance priced for $100, it's a better value than the $200 Inferno.