Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
How often do you actually call in a coyote? >

How often do you actually call in a coyote?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

How often do you actually call in a coyote?

Old 03-30-2017, 03:07 PM
Fork Horn

Calling blind, meaning I see nothing, maybe 1 out of 4 or 5 times. Where I can actually see a coyote, maybe 70% of the time, but sometimes, they just plain ignore you.
Old 03-30-2017, 04:20 PM
Nontypical Buck

man I must be the odd guy here, I would GUESS, that I might call in a coyote in about 1 out of every 50 sets I do here, big woods mostly, little room to view things at times, and
just sound doesn't carry as far with so many rolling hills and such
also think coyotes here are pretty nervous, due to so many folks shot at them and during contests, they get called to my a LOT of folks and often
know several guys that go out and scout them by calling to them and then walk away after getting busted, IMO all there doing is making smarter harder to kill coyotes! HAHA

But I call in way more foxes and owls and hawks and a TON of crows all the time
last time out I called in several turkeys with a dying rabbit call??
and NOT just on one set
but 4-5 times several miles apart that day!??
wild life can be a crazy thing I guess??
Old 04-03-2017, 05:48 AM
Fork Horn

I think I'm on par with others here. Probably about 25% success rate if you go by stand. By hunting days, I'd say I'm probably more like 80-90%. I do get skunked on occasion, and I'm not too proud to admit it.