Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Anticipation! Just got a varmint rifle!  (22-250) >

Anticipation! Just got a varmint rifle! (22-250)

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Anticipation! Just got a varmint rifle! (22-250)

Old 07-04-2016, 08:17 PM
Spike

for the price you cant beat them... but .22-250 do so much impact damage
Old 07-05-2016, 01:54 PM
Nontypical Buck

Yeah, I like savage (they are friends for us lefties) and this gun has the best feature of any gun around:

Free!
Old 07-06-2016, 03:28 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

There is a whole super freighter load of 22 bullets for hand loading. Pick a decent one that does not grenade and the 22 center fire is as fur friendly bullet as one can fine. about the only thing more fur friendly is snaring.

Right now I hand load a 55gr Serria SPT for my swift. From Serria web site, "This bullet is slightly "hard" at 222 or 223 Remington velocities, but are especially well suited for velocities from 22-250 and 220 Swift cartridges."

Going to try the 55gr SBT's next time I buy bullets for the Swift.

Al

Last edited by alleyyooper; 07-06-2016 at 03:33 AM.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:17 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by alleyyooper
There is a whole super freighter load of 22 bullets for hand loading. Pick a decent one that does not grenade and the 22 center fire is as fur friendly bullet as one can fine. about the only thing more fur friendly is snaring.

Right now I hand load a 55gr Serria SPT for my swift. From Serria web site, "This bullet is slightly "hard" at 222 or 223 Remington velocities, but are especially well suited for velocities from 22-250 and 220 Swift cartridges."

Going to try the 55gr SBT's next time I buy bullets for the Swift.

Al
very helpful information. I'll tuck it away.

The only problem right now is that I have not had a good chance to shoot the gun. Either raining or something going on that interferes.