Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Nobody squirrel hunts anymore I guess >

Nobody squirrel hunts anymore I guess

Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Nobody squirrel hunts anymore I guess

Old 05-08-2016, 04:57 AM
Nontypical Buck

Default Nobody squirrel hunts anymore I guess

Well this fall its on!!! I've bought 2 new squirrel rifles in the last couple month... A CZ 452 American LH that Nate from SHJ highly recommended and that thing shoots just like he promised... The next addition was the Browning T-Bolt... Still waiting on that too arrive... Anyhow squirrels are in trouble come sept
Old 05-08-2016, 05:12 AM
Nontypical Buck

I still do and got out a couple of times this past season. Let us know how you do with the new squirrel guns.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:26 AM
Nontypical Buck

My squirrel hunting usually takes a back seat to fall deer or turkey. I wait for the first or second frost to kill the bots/wolves. By then, turkey is in and deer ML soon follows. Deer ends in early Jan., here, so that leaves time for squirrel until the end of Feb. when the season closes. Wish they were closer to home. In that regard, I will change things up this year. I do enjoy hunting them, watching them and savoring them as part of the menu.
Old 05-08-2016, 05:51 AM
Fork Horn

My boy loves to go squirrel hunting in small game season down here with me and I do a lot of late season deer scouting while we are cruising looking for squirrels.
Old 05-08-2016, 06:50 AM
Nontypical Buck

If I hunt for pleasure, I squirrel hunt, lets face it deer hunting is work, turkey hunting is nerve wracking and physically demanding. squirrel hunting is layed back and fun, plus squirrel is the best eating from the woods there is. my current squirrel rifles are a lh savage mark 2 in 17 HM2, or my old faithful ruger 10/22 built my Jim Clark back in the early 90's. I love squirrel hunting, only thing better is eating them.
RR
Old 05-08-2016, 11:03 AM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Ridge Runner
I love squirrel hunting, only thing better is eating them.
RR

You sure got that right.
Old 05-08-2016, 03:46 PM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by quigleysharps4570
You sure got that right.

X3 I love squirrel hunting.

It makes me feel 14 years old all over again.
It's the only time I am happy, is Hunting Squirrels
and Fishing.
I will be back out October 12th to February 29.
Eating them is a bonus.
Old 05-08-2016, 07:29 PM
Spike

My season starts on the 15th of may, ill hunt em till feb 28.

My favorite animal to hunt
Old 05-08-2016, 08:24 PM
Super Moderator

I love to squirrel hunt. In recent years it has taken a back seat to deer though. I basically use venison for our meat all year. So I typically try to get at least three deer. Until I have enough meat for the year most of my free hunting time is spent chasing deer. I always try to get out a few times every year though. Not near as much as I used to however. Hopefully that will change here in a few years as the kids get a little older.
-Jake
Old 05-09-2016, 02:48 AM
Nontypical Buck

Talking

I didn't get out last year like I wanted to partly due to deer hunting from mid Nov to the first of the year daily.
I did buy a new squirrel rifle Ruger 77-22 Hornet last year and did some target testing and I think it is going to do great on them tasty squirrels.

Al

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.