Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Ratting - Long Distance Thermal Mouse Kill >

Ratting - Long Distance Thermal Mouse Kill

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Ratting - Long Distance Thermal Mouse Kill

Old 02-13-2016, 02:52 PM
Fork Horn

Default Ratting - Long Distance Thermal Mouse Kill

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EvAH...ature=youtu.be

I have been watching Youtube vids of the Brits "ratting" where they go out at night (usually) with air rifles and night vision and shot lots of rats in barns and barnyards. Well, my last few times out for hogs have not been productive and I have been watching mice steel corn from under the feeder. So I thought I would give it a try. Here is the Youtube vid of my long distance first attempt on a 1 ounce mouse at 123 yards. The video is a bit tongue and cheek. Enjoy.
Old 02-13-2016, 04:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

LOL, fun is where you find it. What did it taste like?

I go Ratting with my Terriers, they really dig it.

A revolver with wax loads and a flashlight is also fun.

Fun for everybody but the Rats.

We have some bigguns down by the river near the grainary.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:11 PM
Fork Horn

Yeah, I bet I have seen 50 different ratting videos in the last couple of years. The little terriers are hilarious to watch!!! I think my favorite was an Aussie video where it looked like they were clearing a previous fence line of vegetation and rats, using a big excavator to remove trees and turn the soil. The operator had to be careful to not crush the little dogs that were sometimes over zealous. Boy, they got after it!
Old 02-13-2016, 06:45 PM
Nontypical Buck

A happy Terrier is a Terrier chasing a Rat.

I've put them out in a ripe corn field trying to move the Hogs out. I've got two Terriers who will just worry the Hogs, but I have one I have to muzzle or he will latch on and hold on.

Darn Hogs are too smart to break cover and will run a dog into exhaustion. They just go back and forth, around in circles and rarely leave the Corn field.