Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Coyotes...worth it??

Old 09-25-2015, 02:05 PM
Boone & Crockett

NY doesn't have wolves. You really should know something instead of googling for something to say before you make a post to answer a question. When someone asks a serious question they deserve a real answer, not some googled compilation of nothing.

Last edited by Oldtimr; 09-25-2015 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:35 PM
Nontypical Buck

Your reading comprehension isn't working well, what I said was their are no or (in many places) few Wolves to keep the Coyote population in check. The only thing left is starvation, disease and man.

Sure I study and research, I've also been hunting Coyote since around 1963. And when I wasn't hunting yotes I was hunting Fox pretty much continuously and not a whole lot different than Yotes.

Who lite the fuse on your Tampon? You really should cut back on the booze.

I always figure, get as much info as possible and let someone make their own decisions.

You seem to be a belligerent drunk always looking for a fight.

My way might be more informative.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:39 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
NY doesn't have wolves. You really should know something instead of googling for something to say before you make a post to answer a question. When someone asks a serious question they deserve a real answer, not some googled compilation of nothing.
Actually Oldtimr, you get a few in Upstate Ny roaming in from Canada. No real packs yet that I have heard about but I do keep my eye out for word of them. Roamers are getting more and more frequent around the foothills of the Adirondack Mountains. It's been my experience over the years that when you start getting more roamer sightings, packs are sure to follow.

As far as the OP's question, old swifty (220 swift) accompanies me on to the back porch near every evening. More than a few yotes have been taken that way but I try my best to smack every single one I see. Like Oldtimr and the others have stated, you wont kill them all but you will certainly change their habits! Yotes are pretty smart when it comes to avoiding you.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:46 PM
Boone & Crockett

My reading comprehension is just fine. Good enough to be able to divine out a load of crap when I see. If you don't know something, don't say anything about it. You seem to think you are fooling people into believing you know everything about everything and it is obvious you know little about a lot. I know you hate being outed, there is a solution, stop the pretension.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:51 PM
Boone & Crockett

I know super, but there is no evidence of a breeding population in NY. The question had nothing to do with wolves, it was about coyotes and whether or not to kill them on the OP's property. It wasn't asking about a google dissertation.
Old 09-25-2015, 03:59 PM
Nontypical Buck

The only thing I left out is in the spring, after the pups are weaned, the parents are hunting most anything that moves and they can take down. They almost double their hunting hours, sometimes way late into the morning hours and earlier in the evening.

The Yotes you take out now are likely to save a whole lot of small game and their young in the spring. Even fawns and Sheep.

You are also educating the survivors to avoid man.
Old 09-25-2015, 04:07 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Oldtimr
My reading comprehension is just fine. Good enough to be able to divine out a load of crap when I see. If you don't know something, don't say anything about it. You seem to think you are fooling people into believing you know everything about everything and it is obvious you know little about a lot. I know you hate being outed, there is a solution, stop the pretension.
He seemed conflicted and my point was, only man, disease and hunger to thin out their numbers. You may be doing some the favor of an early death instead of starvation, disease or a lingering death if you thin them out some.

But I'm obviously wasting my breath, you just want a fight.
Old 09-27-2015, 04:28 PM
Spike

thank you for the replies everyone! and please try to keep it peaceful its funny because one response i read was "when i am turkey hunting i see them come in to my calls" 5 years ago...i was calling with my slate call the day after i killed a decent gobbler in the spring. i heard rustling in the bushes...and holy crap what do you know a huge 10 pointer came out from a swamp trail...he came out looked to his left and started grunting and stomping at two does...then started to follow them...10 mins later for the first time in my life i saw it....coming out from the same trail as that buck did....a huge coy dog........i was shocked...and some in awe because it was not the size from what ive seen online..it was massive!! i was impressed to be honest...then about 6months after that...one of our neighbors lost their golden retriever puppy late at night somehow it got loose from their run. Their puppy ended up tangled with the run in the bushes of my house..my rhodesian ridgeback at that time was acting very funny then aggressive...check it out the coy dogs were barking and making other sounds in my drive way and my flood lights scared them off...they were coming after the tangled pup. i dont know if anyone around here does the furs or anything so how would i go about finding out...last time i check there is no limit on how many coy dogs you can take here in my county of NY.(last year i checked) i have really noticed a decrease in the population of turkey and that is why i have been tinkering with the idea. How do they get along with the foxes by the way? i see the fox population and coy dog population are about the same...i was shocked the first timei heard a fox yell at midnight lol
Old 09-27-2015, 04:44 PM
Fork Horn

The onset of the coyote here in New England and Eastern NY has changed my hunting.

There used to be woodchuck hunting and I enjoyed the rifle shooting and the farmers welcomed me.

The coyotes have been here now for a decade or more. They have eliminated woodchuck hunting as I knew it.

Old 09-27-2015, 06:07 PM
Giant Nontypical

Not that one .................anymore !!

Good job bud !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.