Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Air Rifle Hunting Thread

Old 01-23-2015, 09:36 AM
Nontypical Buck

Sounds good, as the air rifles have reached new levels of performance over the years. They are definitely a force to be reckoned with now days.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:41 AM
Super Moderator

I agree. Another wish list....
Old 01-23-2015, 11:25 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by skiftcky
Thank you! I did a search for Air Rifles in the forums and nothing came up. I guess no one has ever posted on it as it is kind of inconspicuous. Gonna get it Started.
Another reason that nobody has posted on it is because it's BRAND SPANKING NEW!!!! I wanna say CalHunter got it put up right around Christmas, so we're only a few weeks into it.

I was worried that we wouldn't have many "resident experts" to contribute to the Air Gun forum, glad we at least seem to have a couple!!!

Originally Posted by CalHunter
Nomercy448 is right. We created a sub forum for Airgun field results but the sub forum is in this general forum--Small Game, Predators and Trapping. While we would welcome field results for you, this sub-fourm was designed as a reference forum for people to post and read about real world hunting results and wouldn't necessarily include everything you would want to see in an Airgun Forum.

I'm thinking that an "Airgun" Hunting forum in the General Hunting Forums category would allow for more airgun topics and would certainly be much easier for people to find. Nomercy, we got us another mission. All of you guys, send me some verbiage as far as a forum description suggestion so I can kick this upstairs to admin.

Maybe something along the lines of:

Airgun Hunting

Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics and everything else airgun related.
Gotta put something in there about how quiet they are - Air guns are like suppressors without the NFA tax! I have a pair of suppressors for "urban hunting," but I believe I'll be adding a Benjamin Rogue in .357" before I add a 3rd!

"Airgun Hunting:
The Silent Killers - Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics, and everything else"

I'm really hoping some of you boys have experience with different pre-pressurizing products. I'm leaning towards a PCP rifle, but would like to have a "fast option" to repressurize in the field without spending a couple minutes on a bike pump.
Old 01-23-2015, 12:26 PM
Fork Horn

[QUOTE=Gotta put something in there about how quiet they are - Air guns are like suppressors without the NFA tax! I have a pair of suppressors for "urban hunting," but I believe I'll be adding a Benjamin Rogue in .357" before I add a 3rd![/QUOTE]

Very Quiet, The suppressor on my Benjamin is pretty much the whole bbl. When I fire the .22 in 17 grain it is about as loud as an old red rider bb gun. My son's silent cat is quiet unless I fire 7 grain zinc ammo. Then again it shoots 1250 fps which is just over the sound barrier.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:23 AM
Fork Horn

I would like to see a separate airgun forum. I decided to get into airguns because of the difficulty in finding .22 bullets anymore. It is nice too to be able to practice in the back yard. The power and accuracy of the modern airguns make them legitimate hunting tools. I would like to able to discuss hunting with them with other hunters who prefer to use them for hunting small game.
Old 03-05-2015, 01:03 PM
Spike

Default I hunt with an airgun check out my video

Hunting squirrels with airguns is the best. check out my video got about 50 squirrels that day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9SHqePi_CMk
Old 03-16-2015, 01:05 PM
Spike

Good Idea I hunt with air rifles, check out my videos. I use a Dystate and a evanix AR6 high power airguns in the 25-65 ftlb class.
Old 03-16-2015, 03:26 PM
Super Moderator

Just to keep everybody up to date, I have requested a new forum (Airgun Hunting) and in the process of working that out with Admin. They've been supportive in the past and I think they will for this new forum also. When the new forum comes online, I'm going to need some of you guys to start posting things so I can show it has post support as well as readership and internet search/post count hits, etc.

Cal

3-20-15--Update to this update--The new forum seems to be well received by Admin. Should know the final decision soon.

Last edited by CalHunter; 03-20-2015 at 12:15 PM.
Old 03-26-2015, 09:56 PM
Super Moderator

Okay. The new forum is here. Start posting away.

http://www.huntingnet.com/forum/airgun-hunting-163/