Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Air Rifle Hunting Thread

Old 01-21-2015, 09:05 PM
Fork Horn

Smile Air Rifle Hunting Thread

Recently got into hunting with air rifles. I purchased a Benjamin Trail .22 for me, a Gamo Silent Cat .177 for my son and a Swiss Arms .177 for my daughter. We have about 20 acres on which we can hunt squirrel, rabbit and other small game/birds. It's actually become a big thing along with some friends and neighbors to hunt with high powered air. Also, in my state it is not considered a fire arm so I can hunt areas where fire arms are not allowed. Anyhow, I was wondering if maybe we could get a separate forum going for Airgun shooting, hunting, reviews etc. I don't know if I can send a direct e-mail to the web site or what. Either way kind of hoping there will be a couple others interested in getting that forum going within HuntingNet so I don't have to join another site/forum to get and/or share info on air rifle hunting. I'm pretty happy right here.
Any thoughts?
Old 01-22-2015, 07:30 AM
Typical Buck

i like the idea
Old 01-22-2015, 09:40 AM
Fork Horn

I think it would be a good separate thread. Air Rifles are getting big out there. Lots of people getting into it. not to mention the actual size of the rifles. They even make .45 cal pneumatics for hog hunting.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:12 PM
Nontypical Buck

I think that it would make an interesting forum as well. I have shot a lot of critters with air rifles and pistols.
Old 01-22-2015, 02:49 PM
Fork Horn

My apologies, like Redgreen said. I meant do a Separate Forum not Separate Thread as it originally states.
Old 01-22-2015, 04:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Default Already have one!!!

I know it might not be readily apparent, since the forum says "Cartridges", but we already HAVE an airgun only section in this forum. CalHunter added that when we worked through creating the Cartridge Class sub-forum and Sub-Sub forums.

HNI Small Game Hunting Airgun Sub-Sub Forum!!!

If you click the "Small Game Predator and Varmint Cartridges" Sub-Forum at the top of the "Small Game Predator and Trapping" forum, the top Sub-Sub Forum there is the "Air Gun Calibers" forum.

It'd be great if you could stop in there and add some of your experiences with your Benjamin rifles!
Old 01-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Fork Horn

Originally Posted by Nomercy448
I know it might not be readily apparent, since the forum says "Cartridges", but we already HAVE an airgun only section in this forum. CalHunter added that when we worked through creating the Cartridge Class sub-forum and Sub-Sub forums.

HNI Small Game Hunting Airgun Sub-Sub Forum!!!

If you click the "Small Game Predator and Varmint Cartridges" Sub-Forum at the top of the "Small Game Predator and Trapping" forum, the top Sub-Sub Forum there is the "Air Gun Calibers" forum.

It'd be great if you could stop in there and add some of your experiences with your Benjamin rifles!

Thank you! I did a search for Air Rifles in the forums and nothing came up. I guess no one has ever posted on it as it is kind of inconspicuous. Gonna get it Started.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Nomercy448 is right. We created a sub forum for Airgun field results but the sub forum is in this general forum--Small Game, Predators and Trapping. While we would welcome field results for you, this sub-fourm was designed as a reference forum for people to post and read about real world hunting results and wouldn't necessarily include everything you would want to see in an Airgun Forum.

I'm thinking that an "Airgun" Hunting forum in the General Hunting Forums category would allow for more airgun topics and would certainly be much easier for people to find. Nomercy, we got us another mission. All of you guys, send me some verbiage as far as a forum description suggestion so I can kick this upstairs to admin.

Maybe something along the lines of:

Airgun Hunting

Discuss hunting with airguns, equipment, tactics and everything else airgun related.
Old 01-23-2015, 05:20 AM
Fork Horn

Air Gun Hunting and Shooting
From hunting to target shooting, share info on air rifles, pistols, ammo, gear and more.
Old 01-23-2015, 09:30 AM
Super Moderator

I like it. More generalized and includes more possible topics. Let me know if anybody else has any ideas/additions and I'll submit a proposal this weekend.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.