Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

New Squirrel Skinning Video.

Old 10-23-2014, 04:10 AM
Super Moderator

Default New Squirrel Skinning Video.

New Squirrel Skinning Video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4c8OyexZ10E
Old 10-23-2014, 07:39 PM
Spike

Looks simple. Hopefully it's as simple for me. thanks.
Old 10-24-2014, 05:53 AM
Typical Buck

Thats the way I have done it since i was a kid with a couple exceptions. When pulling up,with your foot on the tail, stop before pulling his shoulders through. While keeping your foot on his tail, pull the hide off the lower legs (his pants if you will) and then go ahead and pull the shoulders and front legs through and cut off the head. This will make it easier to remove the hide on the lower legs(pants) of tougher squirrels. All I have locally are fox squirrels and they certainly skin a little tougher than greys.
Also I think he used the outside of his foot to hold the tail down, I seem to have better control and pressure to keep the tail from slipping out by using the ball of my big toe (boot on of course.lol) to hold the tail down. Just my thoughts hope it helps.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

I just started doing it that way a couple years ago! Its allot faster! Here is my youtube video. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBwx...qjIV4ojP3Rd6vw
Old 11-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Nontypical Buck

been skinning them exactly that way for 30 years, my mother in law will not prepare squirrels unless I skin them.
I've described it, but that's the first video I have saw that emphasizes the cut around the flank that makes it so much easier.
My mom always requested that I skin them when I was living at home due to my dad and brother having perfected the art of removing a squirrels skin and leaving most of the hair, opening days I have skinned 20 or more
RR

Last edited by Ridge Runner; 11-21-2014 at 01:54 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

I save the feet for a crunchy snack for my dogs.
They love them.
Old 03-16-2015, 01:00 PM
Spike

nice video thanks.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:00 PM
Fork Horn

All the video's I've seen are with gray squirrels. I would like to see one with fox squirrels!! They skin much harder than a gray. I still use the slit in the back method on a fox squirrel myself.
Old 09-17-2015, 05:24 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by toytruck
All the video's I've seen are with gray squirrels. I would like to see one with fox squirrels!! They skin much harder than a gray. I still use the slit in the back method on a fox squirrel myself.
Ikin foxsquirrels exactly like the video, ya just pull harder and have to be careful to leave as much hide on the topside of the tail as possible, also make the cut on the flank a bit longer.
RR
Old 09-17-2015, 05:56 PM
Fork Horn

I'll give it a try next time I get some. Tried it once an pulled off the tail, but didn't have as much to step onto as you suggest...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.