Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

I hunt with trained mink!

Old 12-14-2013, 01:53 PM
Spike

Nice to see you in this Forum too. I still think this is amazing.
Old 12-17-2013, 06:48 AM
Spike

I am proud to present to you, my new harness design. This design works much better for wild and difficult to harness mink. It also works much better for large males than the original Idea. I also invented a new harnessing device which is MUCH better than the original wire idea. This tube harnessing device works better for both this new harness, and the original harness.

http://youtu.be/bxeHpYycKG4
Old 01-08-2014, 01:19 AM
Spike

Over the last few months I've been writing a book on Minkenry. I just did an inventory on my book, and so far I've written 76 pages. Wow, that's a lot! But I still have plenty to write! I hope you guys enjoy the finished product when I am finally done!
Old 01-11-2014, 12:05 PM
Spike

I just learned that the first known rabbit hunt with a mink in Europe was successful! The minkener who hunted with the mink is an experienced ferreter, and she used the mink like a ferret to bolt the rabbits into nets, and then in the end had her cache in her box. I don't know anymore details than that, but it's pretty exciting for me to see minkenry spreading! :-D
Old 02-24-2014, 11:57 AM
Spike

Last weekend I decided to mix things up, and do a little minkenry and falconry in the same day. It's been a long time since I've flown birds, and it was a blast! Friday we started out watching several merlins fly on flocks of starlings near some mink farms in the river bottoms, then moved on to hunting rabbits out in the desert. We didn't have any luck catching rabbits with the goshawk, because the weather was just too warm, making the hawk lazy for the weight she was at. So we hooded the hawk, and pulled out my mink, and she nailed a rabbit the second hole she went down! She rode the rabbit out of the hole, lost the rabbit for a moment, then chased the rabbit around the sage brush until it tried to put into a brush pile where she caught it a second time.

On Saturday we spent the morning watching the big falcons stoop racing homers. After watching a bunch of flights, we then went out to find more rabbits. One guy tried to fly a male goshawk, but didn't have any luck. The guy with the female did Harris hawk didn't get anything ether. I got bored of watching birds not catch anything, so I skipped out of the flight with the second goshawk, and went to a near by field to work rabbits with my mink.

She ran around searching holes for rabbits without any luck. After 30-40 minutes of not chasing any rabbits in the gully, we picked Thioⁿba up and carried her to a bunch of brush piles where we quickly found some rabbits. Here's the video of our hunt....

http://youtu.be/IyAlexX9Z7M
Old 02-24-2014, 04:17 PM
Typical Buck

WOW. that was one of the most amazing things i have ever watched
Old 07-19-2018, 05:41 AM
Spike

Default Mink

I would like to talk to you about getting a mink from you! I don't do face book! How can I contact you?
Old 07-20-2018, 02:41 PM
Spike

Default Mink

Originally Posted by Trappette1
I would like to talk to you about getting a mink from you! I don't do face book! How can I contact you?
please send me a message back
Old 07-20-2018, 07:27 PM
Giant Nontypical

Minkenry

Last Activity: 03-17-2015