Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.
View Poll Results: Can 375 FPS kill pigeon from 15 meters?
Yes,it does
57.14%
No,it doesn't
42.86%
Voters: 7. You may not vote on this poll

Can this gun kill pigeon?

Old 08-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Spike

Default Can this gun kill pigeon?

Hello everybody,

Im planning to buy Umarex Beretta 92FS .177 cal.
I was wondering:can i kill pigeon from 10-15 meters?
Will it kill it instantly or it will suffer?

Average FPS for that gun is 375-but manufacture claim it's 425 FPS?

PS.

I was wondering about self defense,what damage can it does for human from 10 meters?

Also i'll put vote poll.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:10 AM
Nontypical Buck

I suppose you could, but I'm wondering why.

All of your posts on this forum have been questions as to whether or not you can take a sub-par weapon or a weapon composed of the absolute minimum requirements and still kill animals.

Are you just planning on popping pigeons in the city or your residential backyard or something? Not sure if I'd be doing that with a pellet gun that looks like a handgun, and in my city, we can't fire a pellet gun into the air in city limits.

As for self defense... I suppose it could really piss your attacker off. Or, if you hit him right in the eye, it could do some damage, so long as they aren't wearing glasses. So, you might get beat down or shot up extra brutally. Of course, if they were naked, they might run the other way.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:21 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Psylocide
I suppose you could, but I'm wondering why.

All of your posts on this forum have been questions as to whether or not you can take a sub-par weapon or a weapon composed of the absolute minimum requirements and still kill animals.

Are you just planning on popping pigeons in the city or your residential backyard or something? Not sure if I'd be doing that with a pellet gun that looks like a handgun, and in my city, we can't fire a pellet gun into the air in city limits.

As for self defense... I suppose it could really piss your attacker off. Or, if you hit him right in the eye, it could do some damage, so long as they aren't wearing glasses. So, you might get beat down or shot up extra brutally. Of course, if they were naked, they might run the other way.

Ha-ha.
Yeah i know it sounds kind of stupid,but i want to get realistic "look" gun,that is able to make decent damage.
I don't like Crossman 1377 style,but i prefer Glock or in this case Beretta.
I chose pigeons for question because i consider them as a medium pistol targets.

And yeah,i asked about that bow i made-i ask about whitetail deer,also because i consider it medium size animal for hunting with that bow.

For your last question,
No im not planning to shot pigeons,i want to shoot at one old building from my balcony-because i live on edge of the town,near forest.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:39 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Ha-ha.
Yeah i know it sounds kind of stupid,but i want to get realistic "look" gun,that is able to make decent damage.
I don't like Crossman 1377 style,but i prefer Glock or in this case Beretta.
I chose pigeons for question because i consider them as a medium pistol targets.

And yeah,i asked about that bow i made-i ask about whitetail deer,also because i consider it medium size animal for hunting with that bow.

For your last question,
No im not planning to shot pigeons,i want to shoot at one old building from my balcony-because i live on edge of the town,near forest.
Well, back to your original question, yes... it would kill a pigeon. But practice up first, and aim for the head.
Old 08-07-2013, 11:44 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Psylocide
Well, back to your original question, yes... it would kill a pigeon. But practice up first, and aim for the head.

Thank you!
Old 08-07-2013, 12:15 PM
Spike

Hey,one other thing.
With that gun i'll get suspensor(im not sure how do you spell it).
It's that thing on in end of barrel,can you tell me what is that?

Thanks

Last edited by Jurassic Park; 08-07-2013 at 12:23 PM.
Old 08-07-2013, 05:15 PM
Fork Horn

Better check you hunting regulations. We dont really have "Pigeons" in Ohio, but we have morning doves and they have to be taken with a shot gun, not a rifle.
Old 08-09-2013, 05:20 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Jurassic Park
Hey,one other thing.
With that gun i'll get suspensor(im not sure how do you spell it).
It's that thing on in end of barrel,can you tell me what is that?

Thanks
By the sounds of what you are asking and maybe its just my job thinking kicking in, but I have a feeling that what you are leaning towards is going to get you into more trouble than what you think.
If you are shooting a sub-par velocity weapon already at animals that you have been told is on the low end of the scale of being capable of taking the said animal cleanly, and being a self defense weapon/round, and are now asking about putting on a suppressor, which will lower the already very low velocity round even lower, why? Then you are asking what it is? You as well asked about killing a pigeon, and then come back a few posts later and say that no you were not going to kill pigeons, but asked what it will do to a human. I am missing the picture here.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:18 AM
Giant Nontypical

Originally Posted by SecondChance
By the sounds of what you are asking and maybe its just my job thinking kicking in, but I have a feeling that what you are leaning towards is going to get you into more trouble than what you think.
If you are shooting a sub-par velocity weapon already at animals that you have been told is on the low end of the scale of being capable of taking the said animal cleanly, and being a self defense weapon/round, and are now asking about putting on a suppressor, which will lower the already very low velocity round even lower, why? Then you are asking what it is? You as well asked about killing a pigeon, and then come back a few posts later and say that no you were not going to kill pigeons, but asked what it will do to a human. I am missing the picture here.
***He's not going to shoot at animals or humans with it. Now he says he's going to shoot at a building, which would certainly be illegal, in case you didn't read his posts carefully. With all the peculiar questions and responses this member keeps coming up with since he joined the site it makes one wonder if he's playing with a full deck!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

A suppressor on a low end bb/pellet gun is just foolish. Sure, it looks cool, but it's just foolish.

As far as killing a pigeon with such a weak weapon. You can throw a small rock by hand and kill a pigeon. Yes, if you hit them in the head just right, you can likely kill a pigeon with that pistol. No, I do not recommend wasting your money or time by doing so.

As far as using a 375fps pellet pistol for self defense... That's just stupid. Period. It's not strong enough to do sufficient damage to protect yourself. Plain and simple, stupid.

If you want a toy (recognizing my use of that term for a weapon) that you could seriously accidentally injure yourself or others with, or shoot pop cans in your back yard with, then go ahead. Buying that pistol to hunt pigeons is much like hunting deer with Lawn Darts in my opinion. It can work if you connect just right, but ultimately it's just a dumb idea.

If you want something that you can effectively hunt with, or defend yourself with, then get a proper weapon to do so.

Keep in mind, most if all states now have laws that support if you commit a crime in which you present a toy weapon (even a water squirt gun) in a threatening manner, you will be charged and likely convicted with the same crimes as if you would have had a real weapon. The excuse "no, it wasn't a real gun, so I can't get in as much trouble" has been taken off of the table.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.