HuntingNet.com Forums

HuntingNet.com Forums (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/)
-   Small Game, Predator and Trapping (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping-12/)
-   -   Must be terrible (https://www.huntingnet.com/forum/small-game-predator-trapping/380666-must-terrible.html)

Valentine 04-10-2013 03:38 PM

Must be terrible

to have never used anything but electonics to call a predator.
If the batteries go dead, they're in real trouble.

Nomercy448 04-10-2013 07:11 PM

Anything else of value to add? I feel bad for you big V, what riding horse to work and powering your fancy computer with a key and a kite...

vliberatore 04-11-2013 11:28 AM

Psylocide 04-11-2013 12:06 PM

GTOHunter 04-14-2013 08:28 AM

Poor Ol Valentine...walked 3 miles to School in 2 feet of snow...up hill both ways! :D ;)

SecondChance 04-19-2013 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by GTOHunter (Post 4050757)
Poor Ol Valentine...walked 3 miles to School in 2 feet of snow...up hill both ways! :D ;)

On a good day!!!! And used his only shoe laces to hold his book while doing so!!!

Valentine 04-22-2013 05:43 AM

I admit walking

Walking back and forth some three miles from and to school; then walking about a mile and a half to deliver newspapers to homes for some school years, as an old fashion newspaper boy.

I well remember the ice skating in winter, when the winters were real cold.

I think all that walking was so I could carry a tree stand into and out of the woods when I got old.

SecondChance 04-22-2013 03:26 PM

Originally Posted by Valentine (Post 4052693)
Walking back and forth some three miles from and to school; then walking about a mile and a half to deliver newspapers to homes for some school years, as an old fashion newspaper boy.

I well remember the ice skating in winter, when the winters were real cold.

I think all that walking was so I could carry a tree stand into and out of the woods when I got old.

I hear ya on the when the winters were really cold. Here in Illinois it used to worth the effort to have a snowmobile back then. In the past 15 years here in So. Il, it would not have been worth the cost of the insurance to even own one all together!!
And I am thinking that I am getting close to that unmagical age of packing a stand in and out everytime I hunt. :violin:

Bocajnala 04-22-2013 06:21 PM

No need to lug a stand into the woods, you can buy on of those cabela hunting video games and do it from your easy chair!!
-jake

GTOHunter 04-26-2013 05:44 PM

We are OLD Valentine....but I appreciate every day and all the hard earned money when I was a Kid,it built us Character and Appreciation for what we have!

I can say I didn't have near as bad as my Parents did when they we're growing up....but my Kids don't have it as bad as Me when I was growing up either. :D ;)