Go Back  HuntingNet.com Forums > General Hunting Forums > Small Game, Predator and Trapping
Anyone else call in animals you weren't targeting? >

Anyone else call in animals you weren't targeting?

Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Anyone else call in animals you weren't targeting?

Old 04-16-2013, 07:47 PM
Nontypical Buck

Just got a Foxpro Firestorm...... been out 5 times. 3 times Crow hunting and twice trying to call in a fox or Coyote. I have alot to learn but Crows come in right away, no coyotes yet. Every time I've used it I've had numerous Hawks come in, pretty cool.

Good Luck!
Old 04-23-2013, 04:21 PM
Spike

Whenever I'm calling bobcats, I seem to get a lot of foxes; probably because they both respond to high pitched sounds like birds and rodent squeakers. But when I call fox I rarely see cats. It's probably because I'm not looking for them, however.
Once, in the antlerless season, I was using the Primos fawn bleat, hoping to call in a mature doe, when I heard a crash through the bushes. What could that be? I stared in the brush where I heard the noise for a few minutes when I heard a panting. I knew it---black bear! And what do you know, black bear season just so happened to coincide with the doe season.....
But I gave him a pass because he was pretty small and I knew the area had a decent bear population.
Old 05-03-2013, 05:34 PM
Fork Horn

Two weekends ago I was coyote hunting and had a flock of turkeys (2 Days before Turkey season, of course) come into the field. This morning I was turkey hunting and had a coyote come into my decoy... she smelled me and had an "oh ****" moment and slowed crept away.

When are these animals going figure out that I need them to show up at certain times and not just all willy nilly!?
Old 05-04-2013, 04:01 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by OhioNovice
Two weekends ago I was coyote hunting and had a flock of turkeys (2 Days before Turkey season, of course) come into the field. This morning I was turkey hunting and had a coyote come into my decoy... she smelled me and had an "oh ****" moment and slowed crept away.

When are these animals going figure out that I need them to show up at certain times and not just all willy nilly!?
I totally agree. Out for coyotes I see big toms, out for turkeys I see hens
Old 05-13-2013, 05:02 PM
Spike

I've had more deer come into distress calls on stand then I have while deer hunting. Ain't it funny how that always happens
Old 06-03-2013, 11:58 AM
Spike

i called in 3 seperate coyotes this year while turkey hunting
Old 06-03-2013, 05:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Called in a fisher one time...
Old 06-09-2013, 11:53 AM
Nontypical Buck

Not sure I called it in, but during the spring of 2012, after trying to work a couple of strutting gobblers into range with a pot call, I slowly reached for my box call to give that a try ..... watching the gobblers strutting across the way and not where I was reaching ... I got a hand full of black snake !
Old 06-09-2013, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Mojotex
Not sure I called it in, but during the spring of 2012, after trying to work a couple of strutting gobblers into range with a pot call, I slowly reached for my box call to give that a try ..... watching the gobblers strutting across the way and not where I was reaching ... I got a hand full of black snake !
not sure if its like this but I know how you feel !

Old 06-23-2013, 09:07 PM
Fork Horn

One of our hunting buddies was attackedby a coyote while turkey hunting a few years back. He was sitting down putting with his mouth call when the coyote jumped him from behind... i know this sounds outragious but its the God honest truth... 12 stitches on his back and a round of rabies shots for Ol' Ric. Pretty wild stuff. He hasnt turkey hunted a single Spring since then for some reason....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.