Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

N.W Pa Coyote Hunters

Old 01-28-2013, 08:27 PM
Spike

Default N.W Pa Coyote Hunters

Hello to all, I am new to the site and new to coyote hunting. I have got laid up and will be out of work till about the end of March. As soon as I am back to work I am going to get a Fox Pro e caller and a 223 for yote hunting. I have joined a lot of forums and watched several eastern coyote hunting videos and doing a ton of reading. As I see it, it don't matter how much you read or watch videos about hunting them they are going to be a tough critter to hunt. I trap and have figured out to catch them, not in big numbers but a few here and there.
I was curios if there is anyone in N.W Pa(erie) area that would be willing to take and show me the ropes once I get back on my feet, literally, I had foot surgery. I have areas to hunt that I know there are yotes there. Thanks for your time.
Howie
Old 02-17-2013, 08:32 AM
Fork Horn

Howie,
Hey! First I want to say speedy recovery to you!
I also live in NW PA and looking for someone to learn the ropes with... I dont have much knowledge when it comes to Yote hunting but wonder if you would be willing to link up to learn a few things along the way! I am getting a Savage .17 HMR since ammo for the .223 is harder than hell to find these days!
I will be hunting mostly public land so if your willing to learn together I would love to have a new hunting partner!

PS: I am looking learn some trapping skills if you looking to teach a newbie!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:11 PM
Spike

I would be interested in giving it a shot and see what we could learn. Where abouts are you located at. I have got some land to hunt and know there are yotes there. What kind of trapping are you looking to get into.