Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Sure slow around here? Coyotes yet?

Old 12-12-2012, 12:41 PM
Nontypical Buck

The weather has been awful here in IL. Just when we start to get cold it warms back up. Need some snow to make the hunting good.
Old 12-14-2012, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

Here's one from PAs deer season, there were two together but only managed to hit this one. NEVER let a yote walk, deer hunting or not. This weighed a little over thirty lbs.
-Jake
Attached Thumbnails Sure slow around here? Coyotes yet?-yotee.jpg  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator

Put up a picture if you get a bear. I saw no bear during the season, but had one real close during deer season. Picture is off a cheap cell phone, but it was a good looking, healthy bear. Saw it on my uncles farm.
-Jake
Attached Thumbnails Sure slow around here? Coyotes yet?-1126121615.jpg  
Old 12-14-2012, 05:41 PM
Spike

I had two sets last saturday. Only one dog came in sat down at about 350. Smacked him, just to see how mangy he was. Buddy of mine not to far south got 3 cats. One without any marks or anything. Just blonde and white. Was really cool looking cat.
Old 12-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Super Moderator

I'll be chasing yotes this weekend.
-Jake
Old 12-18-2012, 08:47 PM
Giant Nontypical

Goin out myself Jake.

Hoping to get a pig.

I know there are bobcats in the area.

Will report back, after saturday.........................

........No pigs, no yotes !!! ~ passed on a "small" bobcat (second time I've see that one), saw 14 deer, 20 turkeys, 50 quail. Clear & cold for SoCal anyway. Fun none the less !

Last edited by Sheridan; 12-27-2012 at 08:23 AM.
Old 12-26-2012, 06:15 PM
Nontypical Buck

HI Guys.....sorry I haven't been on lately.....busy with Deer Season (Bow and Rifle...now Bow again) and some serious Coyote Hunting!

Lets see....I put down 4 over the Summer in the local Hayfield and in a food plot,shot another that I called in up off a logging road...passed on a Bobcat I called in this summer while calling for Coyotes,passed on it because they weren't in Season yet!

Me and my Calling Partner got some new Land to Hunt on and we've been trying the new spots out with no luck on them yet?This week we were set up in some heavy timber and my Buddy called in a Bobcat but missed it!I've been going out a few times this week and it snowed here so I'm going to be hitting it much more with all the cold weather and snow!

Finally got to use my Natural Gear Snow Camo Clothes again...only used it about 3 times last year!

Still using my CZ .204 for Predators and bought myself a new Savage Axis XP in Camo Bolt-Action .223 using 55 grain Hornady V-max bullets!Also looking at getting a CZ .22 Hornet or the new .17 Hornet in a Savage or the CZ 527 model?