Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

New Coyote Rifle

Old 03-10-2012, 02:25 PM
Fork Horn

Default New Coyote Rifle

Hey guys,

Just came on here to brag a little. Kinda like a proud new father showing pictures of his newborn.... Only my new baby is a Savage BVSS in 22-250. Its about 11 pounds before scope and bipod attached. 26'' stainless steel heavy barrel. I had looked all over for the Savage BTCSS for several months. Cabelas and Scheels both could not track down one of those guns and every online broker was backordered. Except for one sight ran bt TGSCOM (never order from one of their websites. read the problems by doing a quick google search on them). That was a fiasco as they advertised they had the gun, but then told me after they had already processed my debit card that they actually thought they had 3 guns, but only had two, and that i had to wait on backorder before I got my gun. They said they had no ETA for the gun but they would refund my money minue 25% restocking fee. Well that would have been $250 me giving them to just refund my money for a gun they didnt have. Needless to say the BBB got involved and I got a 100% refund. End of that rant...

I went on to contact Savage directly and they informed me that the BTCSS is only a special order gun now, and that I could order it but they had no ETA as they only produce them when they get enough special orders to justify making a run of them....no thanks on letting them hold my for an unknown amount of time....

Anyways, the only difference between the Savage BTCSS and BVSS is the thumbhole stock, so when I found that my local Scheels had the BVSS in their display case, I had to jump.

I put a Harris 25S bipod on it, and just today equipped it with a Nikon Monarch 4-16X50 SF with BDC reticle. Shes beautiful in my eyes. I'm sure there are plenty of memories that are going to be made in the years to come. Shes a great addition to my family (Gun safe)
Attached Thumbnails New Coyote Rifle-rifle2.jpg   New Coyote Rifle-rifle1.jpg   New Coyote Rifle-rifle3.jpg  
Old 03-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Giant Nontypical

You can remove "looking to buy: .22-250" now. LOL

Looks like you found yourself a beauty.................Congratulations !!!

Take a look at the Marlin 336C for your .30-30 choice.

http://www.marlinfirearms.com/Firear...rfire/336C.asp

Last edited by Sheridan; 03-10-2012 at 08:43 PM.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:44 AM
Fork Horn

Thanks. And fixed!
Old 03-11-2012, 04:18 PM
Inactive

Great looking rifle. Hope it shoots as good as it looks. If it does, you should rack up lots of kills. GL
Old 03-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Nontypical Buck

Sweet,enjoy and keep us posted!
Old 03-12-2012, 02:35 AM
Spike

congrats on a new rifle..
Old 03-14-2012, 09:31 PM
Typical Buck

I have the same rifle, shoots great
Old 03-15-2012, 08:13 AM
Nontypical Buck

My wife runs a 12 BVSS in .223rem for coyotes, I actually really prefer the BVSS stock to the BTCSS stock, and MUCH prefer it over the new VLP-DBM stock (it's a hunting stock, not a target stock).

Fantastic rifle, Bone stock factory it pushed CHEAP Rem UMC 55grn JHP's into 0.2MOA groups. The only change I've made to the rifle is glass bedding the action, which is mostly for my own convenience, since I like to pull the stocks on my rifles when I do thorough cleanings, so I can TRUST that when I torque it back the same, it'll still print the same.
Old 03-15-2012, 03:53 PM
Nontypical Buck

That's one nice looking Rifle,great looking wood and it's even fluted!
Old 03-15-2012, 07:23 PM
Fork Horn

Thanks. I haven't had any problems with the stock, and I guess I've never hunter with the btcss stock, but handled a 204 with that stock and liked the way it felt. I too will possibly glass bed as well. All in good time, all in good time....

I love how these forums provide a place to admire others things/stories,as well as share/brag about your own!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.