Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

New Coyote Rifle

Old 08-28-2012, 10:03 PM
Nontypical Buck

Savage 10 and 12 rifles are incredibly hard to beat without going custom. My wife's .223rem prints 0.1-0.2MOA, I got jealous so she bought me one just like hers (12BVSS .223rem's), mine prints 0.25-0.4MOA, but I'm less patient than she is.

Only modification we've made to these rifles was bedding them.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:25 PM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by WOODCHUCKER
Hopefully your going to hand load for that 22/250 gun.? If so here is a load that iv'e been using on coyotes & chucks for the last 25+ yrs or more with great results IMR 3031 33 Grs. over a 53 0r a 55 gr. JHP or the Ballistic tip bullet. using LR CCI primers. Seat the bullet that it barely touches the lands & grooves & sight it in that it is one & a half inch high @ 100 Yds & you will be dead on @ 200 Yds with no holdover needed. you can even use 35 grs. of IMR 4064 with any 53 or 55 gr. bullets & achieve the same accuracy. I hope that this tip helps you out & congrads on your new rifle Enjoy.
Good load also. I have found many 250's love a load of H380 with 52's or 55's also with CCI-BR primers. More times than not all the holes will be hidden with a dime, 5 shots.

Nebbuckhunter, great looking rifle and hope you enjoy it. I have the BVSS-S in .220 Swift and really enjoy it. They are great shooters. Will take the wood over plastic everyday of the week!!!