Community
Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

it doesn't get any better than this

Old 12-26-2011, 04:36 PM
Spike

Default it doesn't get any better than this

video #1- http://youtu.be/WV8tYTVvRig video #2- http://youtu.be/MSK5inv-J00 video #3- http://youtu.be/crR8Bk-Q9Qk
Old 12-26-2011, 06:57 PM
Giant Nontypical

Bring most of us "back" to being a kid...........

You're right; it doesn't get any better than that !!!
Old 12-28-2011, 07:09 PM
Fork Horn

nice work!!
Old 12-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Typical Buck

Looks like a lot of fun. I have never been rabbit hunting but have always wanted to go. I have shot at a couple I kicked up while squirrel hunting but didn't hit them. I guess having a dog trailing them so you know they are coming helps.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:29 AM
Nontypical Buck

Hunting with dog's is as good as it gets!
Old 01-01-2012, 08:17 AM
Spike

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
i have to agree
Old 01-03-2012, 09:31 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Bernie P.
+2!

I might get more sleep trapping than I do running coonhounds and jacks, but there's just something about getting to see good dogs at work that makes the baggy eyes worthwhile!

The jacks after a good night in the creek

Plus, with dogs, there's always that sense of pride when things start clicking for them as a pup. This is an oldie but a goodie of one of my jack bitches. She's a rock solid hunting dog now, fastest ground dog we've had, and by far the slickest kill dog. This is the first fur she ever killed when she was about 4months old. I was carrying her in my jacket while we were coon hunting, then when I set her down to potty, she took off and started barking and growling. Before I could find her in the bush, she came trotting back over dragging this. I was pretty dang proud!

Old 01-03-2012, 09:38 AM
Giant Nontypical

Nomercy,

That looks like a full night of fun alright !

Not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog (but Jacks ???).
Old 01-03-2012, 10:22 AM
Nontypical Buck

Originally Posted by Sheridan
Nomercy,

That looks like a full night of fun alright !

Not the dog in the fight, it's the fight in the dog (but Jacks ???).
Jack Russells are fantastic fur dogs. No, they aren't our primary track dogs (we run walkers), but for running coon up into bank holes, or under old barn foundations, etc etc, they're hard to beat. We first got the jacks to run up under barns during the day after cold nights, or new snow when the coons would be bedded down, but eventually we just started taking them along with the coonhounds at night too, since they're really effective at night when the coons hole up.

Not to mention, they're little four legged ninja's! It's nothing for a 40lb boar (without a bullet in it) to whoop a coon hound, but a good jack (like that red-headed bitch of mine "Chisel") will put any coon alive through the wringer.

The Jacks are also nicer on the hides (oddly enough). Two or three coonhounds can pull hard enough to tear their canines through the pelts, but the little jacks don't have as much horsepower.
Old 01-03-2012, 01:46 PM
Giant Nontypical

"It's nothing for a 40lb boar (without a bullet in it) to whoop a coon hound,....."

I know they love to coax them into the water and drown them.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.