Small Game, Predator and Trapping From shooting squirrels in your backyard to calling coyotes in Arizona. This forum now contains trapping information.

Gonna get on the scorecard.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:20 PM
Fork Horn

Wink Gonna get on the scorecard.

Well guys I just learned that we had a horse die back home, and I am gonna be down this weekend so I should be able to get a couple of dogs on the scorecard. A neighbors horse died last year and we killed 14 coyotes off of it in a week. Hopefully we can put the hurt on them while I am down there this weekend.
Old 12-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Nontypical Buck

Let Us know how it goes....sounds like Your going to be putting down a lot of Coyotes!
Old 12-04-2011, 05:53 PM
Fork Horn

Well boys it didn't quite work out like I planned the dogs have not found the carcass as of Saturday night so I didn't get any on the ground. Hopefully when I go back down again this weekend, to watch my brother play in the 3A-DII semi-final game, they will have found it. I know last year it took them about 2 weeks to find the carcass, but when they did it was gone in about a week.
But on a side not my sister put a coyote on the ground with her CZ Scout .22 shooting federal hollow points. She was in the passenger seat of an artic cat quad with my cousin driving when they jumped a coyote at a waterhole. She thumped him in the chest on her first shot at around 30 yards and he dropped, but when she walked up to him it tried to get up so she shot it again and hit it in the spine, then dispatched it with a round thru the forehead. It would have died from the first shot but she got excited and kept on pulling the trigger and I do not blame her. It was her first coyote ever and its hide is currently in the freezer.
Attached Thumbnails Gonna get on the scorecard.-amanda-coyote.jpg  
Old 12-08-2011, 06:36 PM
Nontypical Buck

Congratulations to Your Sister on some nice shooting! YeeHawwwww! LOL